Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    I think our court system has ruled that those who enter illegally for the purpose of requesting asylum are entitled to process this request if it it decided to be a credible request. Is this correct or not ?
    Do you think those that request asylum are really in need of asylum, or that they have been told that simply requesting asylum presents an opportunity to circumvent immigration law?

2. Bob G's pool boy
    The wave is going strong at Petco tonight. The Reds are up 4-1 and the San Diegans are still into it on this cool night in paradise.
    Last edited by billspence; 04-20-2019 at 10:10 PM. Reason: The previous play is under review.

"I am going to Eufala to just idle around"
    -Haus

***NEW*** 2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4 cause I am such a baller.
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s with a bent ass trailer
    HDS16 live- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 live W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

Instagram @brettcarnright. Teamviewer: bCarnrite@33

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    I was referencing international law, By your example, someone from Brazil could travel through numerous countries in order to seek asylum in the US. You don't see a problem there? While our system has enabled them to seek asylum once here, the rest of the world says they need to seek asylum in the first place they come to. I'm sure you're imm law training is better than mine though.
    I only made a comment and followed with a question. I was under the impression we were talking about conditions as they are changing at our border, not internationally. No need to get snarky about it.

The rest of the world does many other things and holds many other positions that we don't. thanks for answering my question. Glad you got to the border to report back to us about your experience.
    GETFISHED !!!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Do you think those that request asylum are really in need of asylum, or that they have been told that simply requesting asylum presents an opportunity to circumvent immigration law?
    Probably some of both.
    GETFISHED !!!

I was referencing international law, By your example, someone from Brazil could travel through numerous countries in order to seek asylum in the US. You don't see a problem there? While our system has enabled them to seek asylum once here, the rest of the world says they need to seek asylum in the first place they come to. I'm sure you're imm law training is better than mine though.
    Just to extrapolate a little... Suppose those entering the US illegally decided that the US

sucks and chose to travel cross country and entered Canada illegally, should Canada be required to accept them unconditionally?

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

6. Member
    Want to fix a problem ? Go To The Source of the problem. Is that not logical ?? Incidentally, the entire populations, men, women, children, of Guatamala, Nicarauga and El Salvador equals 5 % of the US pop.

No need to get snarky about it.
    Not snarky at all. Just a realization that you have no experience on which to base your opinion.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GaBass21 View Post
    If y'all want to talk outrage, y'all should be outraged at the state of education in this country. Apparently not a soul in this thread can read the only rule this forum really has.
    Invasions aren't political!

No need to get snarky about it.
    Interesting comment, considering your response to my first post in this thread.

Probably some of both.
    Probably? What makes you think that? Seems rather vague to me, when we are deciding to enforce the written law, or not.

Seems we might be back at asking someone that has spent time at the border and interviewing actual illegal immigrants and asylum seekers.

10. Banned
    Aren't 60 percent of the illegal population people who overstayed their visa? Bryan? So even if we "shut down" the entire southern border...

Quote Originally Posted by GaBass21 View Post
    If y'all want to talk outrage, y'all should be outraged at the state of education in this country. Apparently not a soul in this thread can read the only rule this forum really has.
    If you think this is political,. as opposed to the well being of the nation you have an issue. I attended the Border Patrol Academy (the only one held in Anniston, Alabama) in 1988 and the common question from the locals was if we were supposed to patrol the border between Alabama and Georgia. Party on sir,,,

12. Member
    Not snarky at all. Just a realization that you have no experience on which to base your opinion.
    In a sense you may be right there. I probably don't have the experience you are referencing. Now that we both agree on that point you OK with the rest of us making informed opinions . OK if you disagree.
    GETFISHED !!!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakebouef5 View Post
    According to studies by Pew and Kato Institute, there are currently 22 million illegals in the US today...roughly. Yale did a study to disprove this recently, but came up with similar numbers, Our press has been using the 11 million figure since Bill Clinton around 1998. Last month alone, around 100,000 crossed the border....illegally. This is in addition to over one million legal immigrants per year let in....many though chain immigration. There is not enough taxpayer monies, nor can we keep borrowing enough, to maintain this deal.
    Actually illegal aliens are a net positive to our economy. Look it up yourself so you can't say I used a website you don't agree with. They even contribute to the social security I assume you're collecting and are unable to ever draw from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oncebitten View Post
    Aren't 60 percent of the illegal population people who overstayed their visa? Bryan? So even if we "shut down" the entire southern border...
    I've been retired for a while, but I'm pretty confident in saying that the majority are not overstays. We used to sack up overstays pretty regularly since there was an easy paper trail.

In a sense you may be right there. I probably don't have the experience you are referencing. Now that we both agree on that point you OK with the rest of us making informed opinions . OK if you disagree.
    No issue at all... I don't argue with my doctor, do you?

16. Member
    I've been retired for a while, but I'm pretty confident in saying that the majority are not overstays. We used to sack up overstays pretty regularly since there was an easy paper trail.
    So............... 49 % ? or what feels right regarding Oncebitten's question ?
    GETFISHED !!!

17. Member
    No issue at all... I don't argue with my doctor, do you?
    That's actually a humorous one there for me because I do argue with my doctor. I get my moneys worth . LOL
    GETFISHED !!!

Quote Originally Posted by tommoorehouse View Post
    Actually illegal aliens are a net positive to our economy.
    Again, I'll interject a little real life experience,... Caught many illegal aliens working in Arizona collecting unemployment in California under a "similar" name who were also collecting unemployment in Arizona under a "similar" name when the harvest was in California. Sad part was when we would turn the files over to the state they wouldn't do anything with them,

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tommoorehouse View Post
    Actually illegal aliens are a net positive to our economy. Look it up yourself so you can't say I used a website you don't agree with. They even contribute to the social security I assume you're collecting and are unable to ever draw from it.
    Your correct, they’ve done wonders for California’s economy? Just a real world observation.

20. Member
    Again, I'll interject a little real life experience,... Caught many illegal aliens working in Arizona collecting unemployment in California under a "similar" name who were also collecting unemployment in Arizona under a "similar" name when the harvest was in California. Sad part was when we would turn the files over to the state they wouldn't do anything with them,
    How long have you been retired ? Reason for the question is I think the type folks you describe above are here from a different part of the country ( Mexico ) and here for a different reason than those who are coming today.
    GETFISHED !!!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast