My Helix 10 problems

My Helix 10 SI gn2 went back to factory because right side SI faded out. Factory repaired and returned, in the next month left side faded and it was returned to factory and repaired again. I have two Helix 10 SI gn2's one at console other on bow, same mega transducer on both so it was easy to see it was not transducer at console that was the problem by switching the units out I thought, the lady at Humminbird thought.
    Today the right side of the bow Helix SI faded out just like the console did. This is all within 60 days.
    Both units purchased, installed, used at same time, only a few numbers apart on S/N.
    How can two units fail like this?
    Is the transducer damaging them every time I switch them?
    Don't have a choice but to return to them again.
    Any way to get more information from Humminbird?

2. Member
    My 10 SI has the same history. Been back to HB for repairs twice so far. So far working good.
    Strangely enough, both times it went bad right after an update.

Scott
    Console [HELIX 10MSI G3N || HELIX 10MSI G3N]
    Bow [HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N] || RC-2] || [HELIX 10MSI G4N] || [M360 UNIVERSAL MOUNT] || [Mega Live]
    ULTERRA80/US2/IPLINK-60" BT || 2xAS ETH 5PXG || Victron IP67 12V/25A || [NoCo Genius GX2440 24V/40A]
    [X2 GROUP 31] x 3 || [Battleborn 31 lithium]
    Alumacraft Voyageur 175/Yamaha VF115LA

3. Member
    I had to update the software on the bow unit because Humminbird updated the console unit after repairing it.
    Then the bow unit went bad first time out.
    Strange.

4. Member
    Update, the left side of the bow units SI failed last month, returned to HB then back to me repaired again. Now the left side of the console unit SI failed again, returned to HB, they said they could not get it to fail. HB said they replaced all the guts and are returning it to me.
    Anyone else with this kind of stuff going on with Helix 10 SI gn2?
    Any ideas?

5. Member
    I never update my units what they come with is what they keep never any issues with any of them.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

6. Member
    After the 3rd SI failure for my 10 SI G2, I mailed back not only the unit but transducers and Y cables.
    In my letter I recapped the unit history and asked the unit be replaced if the repair would be the same as the previous 2 times.
    They graciously replaced the unit with a G3N.
    Although they did also send me 2 SI transducers, they did not send back the Y cables or high speed transducer, however in the letter I mentioned I did already own the high speed HW. The invoice stated the Y cables were not enclosed so things must get shuffled around a bit after arriving for repair.
    I wasn't bitter about repurchasing the Y cables for the benefit of the unit upgrade.

My Helix 12 SI G2N has been reliable so far, but I rarely drive SI from that unit.
    Console [HELIX 10MSI G3N || HELIX 10MSI G3N]
    Bow [HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N] || RC-2] || [HELIX 10MSI G4N] || [M360 UNIVERSAL MOUNT] || [Mega Live]
    ULTERRA80/US2/IPLINK-60" BT || 2xAS ETH 5PXG || Victron IP67 12V/25A || [NoCo Genius GX2440 24V/40A]
    [X2 GROUP 31] x 3 || [Battleborn 31 lithium]
    Alumacraft Voyageur 175/Yamaha VF115LA