Questions About Installling My TDR Reeds

Finally getting around to installing the TDR reeds I purchased from Don.

1) On the FAQ it says to use RED Loctite. The red Loctite (Permatex) I have says for high strength use and needs high temp or high torque to bust free. It is so strong in fact that I use it on suspension parts and equipment parts around the farm. Can I use blue, which appears to be on the threads from the factory?

2) Can / should I also use blue Loctite on the block mounting allen head bolts and the plenum bolts?

2. Member
    Do what the FAQ states....

Reed Box Mounting Bolts: 90 lbs/in (That's INCHPOUNDS)

Reed Petal Screws: Screw WITHOUT lockwasher: 12 lbs/in (INCH POUNDS) Use RED loctite

Reed Petal Screws: Screw WITH lockwasher: 8 lbs/in (INCH POUNDS). Use blue loctite

3. Member
    Will do. I have lock washers so I can use the blue loctite, and will use my gunsmith torque screwdriver set at 8lbs/in. Thanks again.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishingKY View Post
    Will do. I have lock washers so I can use the blue loctite, and will use my gunsmith torque screwdriver set at 8lbs/in. Thanks again.
    The torque spec is for new correct lock washers as they are considered a one time use only piece.If yours are not new,I would not use them and instead go with the red Loctite and the 12 lb/in spec.Those small screws can cause a lot of mayhem if they come loose and end up in a cylinder.