300R error codes?

Today while fishing in a local tourney, I went to move from one spot to the next - when I turned key on, I got a long beep and "engine sensor" and "reverse gear unavialbe" message on my smart craft. I shut key off and turned back on...long beep was normal, but now when I engage into gear, you have to go a long way over to get engine to engage while it normals engages very easily and quickly...I cycled key a couple of time and was able to get engine into geat, and off the lake..

Any ideals?
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

2. Member
    Don't hold me to it, but it sounds like a bad shift actuator. There is a recall for the initial V8 models.

3. Member
    Check the forum announcements...Don will want the required info in the post...that way he can look up your S/N and see if your engine is covered by any service bulletins/recalls...
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the REQUIRED info when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Will do Don...turn out to be a sensor
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO