PowerPole antenna & control box mounting

should the two control boxes be mounted away from the fuel tank? In the back of the ChampioN the center compartment is fuel tank and the outer compartments are batteries and charger with a divider wall between them. I was going to mount the boxes to this wall. would be easier to mount in the fuel tank side but have a concern for flammable vapors? Not sure if those boxes are intrinsically safe.

Depending on where I mount them I may need to extend the wires. I will make sure the diameter is correct but does it have to be a marine type wire?

Also I bought this Pro Series pole used. a single pole. It has small diameter black and blue lines that I can screw back in place if I go through the cable boot. Or do I need to buy the fittings to go through the glass?? Should I replace the lines even though they show no issues?

I built the pump mount myself to mount to the inside threads for the motor mount bolts. Had a board member here print me up a new switch panel with a 3-D printer for beside the drivers seat to handle the switch. Just still trying to piece all this together before attempting an install.

Thanks.

2. Member
    I wouldn't think there is anything in the pump that would cause a spark but I don't have the CM1.0 poles either.

I would use marine wire to extend the wires if necessary

You should be able to run the lines through the boot as long as they don't kink
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax

Kudos to Power Pole for sure. Called them to ask a few questions and they are sending me new mounting bolt kit and new spike for free. I bought a foot switch kit while I was talking with them. What a great company. Hope they don't get bought out and ruined by some conglomerate....

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cape cod basser View Post
    Kudos to Power Pole for sure. Called them to ask a few questions and they are sending me new mounting bolt kit and new spike for free. I bought a foot switch kit while I was talking with them. What a great company. Hope they don't get bought out and ruined by some conglomerate....
    Nobody better then Power Pole and spikes are free for life!

5. Member
    X10 had a problem with my cm 1 micro anchor . They sent me a complete new micro cm 2 version . They are a great company!