Thread: SHO steering

SHO steering

What steering are you running on the SHO, Seastar, Uflex, etc.

2. Member
    seastar

If you don't mind my asking, which one are you using? HC5345, HC5345-3, HC6345 Pro or HC6845 tournament. I've got to replace mine & was looking at the Uflex or Tournament.

4. Member
    There should be a small plate on the front of your sea star cylinder showing the model no.

Yes mine does have it. I was asking bgibson what his was. Different ones for different motors, from the standard HC5345 to the tournament series.

6. Member
    Standard HC5345, originally with a Merc 225 optimax and kept it when repowered to 250SHO

7. Member
    HC5345

8. Member
    I'm running a Uflex cylinder on the engine connected to a Verado Power Steering pump. Worlds better than standard hydraulic if it's in your budget. Smooth as silk.
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

Quote Originally Posted by Marshfly View Post
    I'm running a Uflex cylinder on the engine connected to a Verado Power Steering pump. Worlds better than standard hydraulic if it's in your budget. Smooth as silk.
    The UFlex is better or the steering pump? Don't know if I would really need the power steering though I'm sure it is nice. How is the Uflex?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tracer1 View Post
    The UFlex is better or the steering pump? Don't know if I would really need the power steering though I'm sure it is nice. How is the Uflex?
    The Uflex works fine. I'm talking about the power steering. If you have a high horsepower fast boat it really does add a whole additional level of calm control. It's zero feedback and very easy to control. There is no fighting torque at all.

I will add this though. All the top saltwater boats use the Uflex. At the prices these are sold at, they will use whatever is best. The price difference is just too small to choose otherwise.
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

Bet that is nice. Getting ready to put a new steering on & leaning toward the Uflex.