Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Haven't had a sinus infection in over a year thanks to Emergen- C flavored powder. It seems to help for a lot of ailing...sore throat and coughing. Turned a few ppl onto the stuff. And the doc said keep doing it.

Allergies caused such a severe cough for me a few years back I would gag to the point of vomiting. The strongest cough supressent I could be precribed would not put a dent in it. After a few weeks, a pt of mine recommended a Z Pack (Zithromax). Went to a doc in the box, was given the injection, The cough was gone 36 hours later.

Now I make sure I begin taking Flonase at the start of February before the pollen becomes airborne. I have had NO symptoms since.
    I once was a male trapped in a woman's body. Then I was born.

One used to be able to sign at Walgreens for a cough syrup that had a fair amount of Codine. Worked very well

4. Member

Ask your doc for an inhaler. If the coughing is so bad that nothing else works, the albuterol will reduce the inflammation in the lungs. If you already have a breathing machine, ask for duoneb and do the breathing treatments. It works miracles
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

6. Member
    Benadryl the best allergy medicine you can get but will make you drowsy. Second best would be Zyrtec. The very best and long term solution is allergy shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    One used to be able to sign at Walgreens for a cough syrup that had a fair amount of Codine. Worked very well
    That was the best for a sever cough. Twenty years ago I had a cough so bad I would black out from coughing. Woke up one morning and the whites of my eyes were solid red. Doc freaked out when I told him the coughing caused it. He gave me a bottle and it stopped the cough immediately.

P01135809

8. Member
    now you can go OTC for delsym at the pharmacy thats the strongest anti tussive you will find (its the dm in mucinex dm) I find the liqud works better than a pill form. Now if that dont work go to pt first or express care and ask them for something to help you stop coughing bc its keeping you up at night and you cant get any sleep. Now robitussin ac is good but the king is tussinex and it works great now your insurance may not cover the copay as much but if you have good insurance they may pay good amount for you. codiene and hydrocodone are excellent antitussives and work great. Try antihistamine and pseudophed bc they may take care of some of your issues which are contributing to your cough. I like fishermans freinds and halls in the blue bag to keep my nasal passages clear and from dripping down the back of my throat to make me cough. Check with your doc on the pseudophed though. good luck bro.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12