Smallmouth Junkie!

Walpole Island fishing license.

Is the Walpole Island license worth getting? Is the area a good Smallmouth area?
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

Walpole is a very unique place to fish

The majority of it is shallow water fishing and fish can be found year round

There have always been spots that will produce some good fish

10 years ago I would have said absolutely but in the past few years the lake has started to produce a lot of really big fish

So my opinion would be if you’re only going to be fishing here for a few days focus on the lake

Note: The people of the Fist Nation are a proud people and have had way too many run-ins with “A Type” personalities that think they are still in the US and can do as they please

Don’t get me wrong most are very nice outgoing folks but there are a few that have a deep seated resentment for Americans

Remember you are not in the US, you’re not even in Canada this is a standalone country with its own set of rules and way of doing things

So if you do fish their waters do it with respect and if you encounter one of the few let them have their moment and politely move on
    "The handicapped angler"

3. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Yeah I found this post on another board. I think I can do without all this type of hassle.

"word to the wise, even if you have a license to fish those areas, once you get deep into that area, it is a free for all. i have fished the indian reserve (basset channel, goose lake, its tributaries and marshes) for going on 15 years now and once you enter in, anything a native says, you do it. i have had "day passes" required which cost anything from "how much you got on you" to "that cooler of beer will do." bottom line, shady things happen there. for exmaple, i was out there on April 2nd and 3rd hitting up some crappie spots and some pike spots which i access by boat but then walk through the woods to get to the spots and fish from shore, and once this native left me he went about 100 yards down the creek i was on, and lit the brush on fire!!! fortunately, i was on the right side of the wind to aoid the "controlled burn" he was lighting, and it wasnt an issue. i could go on and on about stuff like this. oh, and duck hunting in there. dangerous. went with a native guide once, he took us out put us in a blind, we didnt see him again until about 8pm after being there all day. we thought we were gonna be camping out in the mud that night. just be careful and stay on the outskirts of the territory if your not familiar with it.

Last summer I saw some of them shooting at geese out of the front of a movingspeed boat around the end of the Johnston. I quickly decided that whatever fish I might find weren't worth looking for "
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

Might want to check the date on that post

Yes thirty plus years ago if you went in you would be lucky to come out with your boat

These days they understand they need the US dollars

Most people don’t go into the interior to fish so they don’t even see natives

But I did drive in there once to buy a license and I must say it puts prospective on just how good we have it here in the people’s republic of demarcates
    "The handicapped angler"

2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS