Question Power Pole Hose Upgrade

I am trying to get rid of the hydraulic tubing and switch to hydraulic hoses on my power poles. However, the compression fittings are 5/16" but the hydraulic hoses are 3/8." Are there adapters to make the conversion so the hoses will fit the hydraulic pump and cylinders?? Thanks for any & all comments. BTW, I love these power poles!

2. Member
    I called power pole because I was interested in getting rid of the tubing, asked them if they would be making any kits to retrofit the older ones, they told me no. I stopped looking after a while, and didn't want to try rigging some parts on my own. Maybe by now someone has made some after market ones.....
    Dwight B
    Semper Fi
    2023 Ranger Z520R, Merc 250HP Pro XS,
    Lowrance HDS LIVE 12 Console and Bow Active Target, Dual 8ft Blade Series Power Poles,
    TH-Marine Atlas Jack Plate's 10" Setback

3. Member
    I spoke to one of the reps at the Bassmaster Classic and he said they do sell a kit but it is very pricey because you have to get one of the U-channels too. I didn’t think it was worth it but was curious how much a hydraulic shop would charge to make some hoses that would fit.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

I'm sure if you had the hoses off and took them to a professional hydraulic shop they could do it for under $50.00 , but I have had PP's for 14 years and only 1 tube leak , so I can live with that , also had my signature series upgraded with the new wireless pumps and love the way they have performed , they used to be like my Ulterra TM I never knew for sure they were going to operate correctly .

5. Member
    Whats the big advantage to going hoses?

Friends year old blades blew a black hose. PP sent him new hoses under warranty.

Are people having a lot of problems with the tubing?

About how old when they go?

I have older ones, but have blown 2 hoses.

7. Member
    The new hoses are more flexable, higher PSI rated and on color with direction flows printed instead of having a blue and black for each. Also the new fitting are also easier to install and also more flexable. they make for a very clean look and install. Not sure why they can't be changes but obviously there is a fitting issue?
    Phil 4:19 2018 Nitro Z19, 200Pro Xs, Lowrance, Minnkota