Question about a dead battery and DTS

As far as the DTS system goes, if for any reason my battery would go 100% dead (say you left the lights or radio on by mistake) is it as simple as charging the battery up again?
    I read something about if the DTS system looses power it would need to be reset (serviced by a dealer) to get it up and running again, is that right?

#2B590854 200hp V6

2. Member
    No!

3. Member
    I have been turning off the battery switch on mine for almost a year with no problems.
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Simply fully-charge the battery (or properly connect a well-rated, fully-charged battery). Disconnecting the battery completely would not cause loss of any settings or engine setup/information.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Thanks Don
    Mercury 200hp V6 DTS #2B590854

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moetorola View Post
    We're not worth..your welcome
    My bad, I've been off-line with computer issues since I posted. Just saw Don's post and posted without really thinking. Thanks to all that posted.
    Mercury 200hp V6 DTS #2B590854