Thread: Vexus VX 21

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Vexus VX 21

Kevin Baxter "the baitman" has posted YouTube video on new fiberglass vx 21 with Malone's marine at Paris Landing

3. Member
    Thanks! I couldn't get it posted

Nice boat for sure...but out of my wallets league.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

5. Banned
    Pretty sharp.

6. Member
    OK. I" say it, WOW! I see no way to create a better layout or design for a bassboat. Can't wait to see one in person and go for a factory tour. Perfect in my eyes. And yes, I like the hand rails.

7. Member
    Is it aluminum?

8. Member
    Its not a bad boat for sure. As with any brand, there are a few things I would change but overall it's nice. I would not like the extra holes in the transom for poles and hoses. Just extra leak points. I do like the drainage and lid seal system

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by leethefishking View Post
    Is it aluminum?

No sir, this one is fiberglass. It is painted similar to the way a car is painted, that’s why the colors look different than a gel coat.

and in case you haven’t seen the ads, this baby will set you back around $80k if I remember correctly. I think they even had some that were close to $90k, I might be a tad high; but it was something like that.

10. Member
    Nice layout, I like the lines of the boat and design. The handle bars are ugly and look out of place (my opinion). But people say Bass Cats are ugly too. The price tag is definitely out of my league.
    Brad Krone

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatBrad View Post
    The price tag is definitely out of my league.
    It's out of 98% of sane people's league!

12. Member
    They definitely put a lot of thought into every aspect. I don't necessarily agree or like everything, but I appreciate the innovation and desire to do something different and better. My #1 concern is the seat base. I'm struggling to believe they will hold up when a 250lb person is sitting and bouncing and leaning back. Just looks like they will break.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    It's out of 98% of sane people's league!
    My thoughts exactly. I still see nothing that it can do that my paid for 521 can't do. Also not much on that sealed livewell I think all boats should come with the VT-2 vents they do a lot of good.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

14. Member
    more impressed after watching this video then the release video at the classic. did notice lots of rubs and scratch marks in the paint for a new boat?? wonder if it will last like gelcoat?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

15. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    did notice lots of rubs and scratch marks in the paint for a new boat?? wonder if it will last like gelcoat?
    No - base coat/ clear coat automotive will not. But you have to give it to them -as far as warranty issues dealers talking their head off on gelcoat flake repairs they will save a fortune. The ability to paint it anything anyone wants and any automotive shop and many do it your self people can fix automotive paint or know a cousins friends brothers aunt that can.

16. Member
    Hand stitched leather Italian steering wheel?! Man, just what I always wanted on a fishing boat.....

Cheers,

George

17. Member
    Wow!! very impressive...

18. Member
    Has anyone posted an actual price on a fiberglass model?
    "Semper Fi"
    USMC (ret)

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungle George View Post
    Hand stitched leather Italian steering wheel?! Man, just what I always wanted on a fishing boat.....

Cheers,

George
    I kinda thought the same thing. While I love a nice leather steering wheel, it doesn't seem like it would hold up too well to the sun and water. Also, I didn't see any livewell controls at the bow panel. Seems like a luxury ride like this would have that.

I like the pickle fork front end, but the side bars are hideous. Also not a big fan of the pointed (vee) edges on the compartments and seat backs, but I guess it makes sense because of the Vexus name.

20. Member
    Looks like a fine boat. Not really for me, which is good because I can’t afford it anyway

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast