Thread: Vexus VX 21

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter64 View Post
    I own a VX21 and I have watched the process of vacuum infusion and it’s impressive. Haters gonna hate, just like when I bought one of the first Garmin livescopes in the state, I had buddies laugh at me. Vexus is a super built boat built by a group that has more combined experience than maybe anyone in the business. They have built thousands of boats, thousands. I went from a Phoenix to BassCat to a Vexus. I have nothing to say bad about any of the three. I prefer the Vexus hands down, but the Phoenix and my BassCat Jaguar never let me down and were quality built boats. I really think this is the golden age of bass boats. So many great choices out there, it’s hard to buy a bad new boat. Take a demo ride in a Vexus before you dismiss them, they look much better in person and they ride and fish very very well.
    I agree haters are going to hate, I think there’s a little bit of piss envy involved as well. Never could understand why other people are so concerned about what other people like. If you don’t like the boat or you can’t afford it, then don’t buy it. No sense in bashing it. I wish them the best, and to those who like it and buy it, good for you!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    Sorry - i found that statement to be so blatantly wrong that i didn't think it needed a rebuttal.
    but if you insist.

No- our fiberglass infusion process does not have those imperfection, in fact because we inject resin under a vacuum. this pulls all the air bubbles out,
    our deck and hulls are straighter with less deviation than a "Chopper Gun" hull.
    also since we are allowed to determine the the orientation of the fiberglass mats, our hulls can be built structurally stronger than the random pattern achieved by most other boat builders.

the Automotive style finish lends itself to a more durable finish, that has a better quality and is easier to repair if damaged. it also will allow us to paint match any color.

be happy to give you a tour and show you the process. we are pretty proud of the new technology.
    I truly believe this is a superior way to build a fiberglass form of ANY KIND. NOT JUST A BOAT HULL. Vacuum forming is simply a way to precisily control the weave pattern and the proportion of resin to substrate.

I also agree that the color and clear coat being applied after the finish is stronger and easier to control the end results. “Gel coat” has no real structural properties. It is simply the layer that is put on first to more closely resemble the molds surface. On top of the gel coat, layers are then built to add mass and strength. The gel coat can actually hide weaknesses in the glass layers.

I applaud Venus for using this build method. A few other things they “got right” as well, like the seats and layout.

I wish it was more in my tastes cosmetically and priced more for my budget....But, it is great that we have quality choices for everyone.

3. Member
    Great post!

QUOTE=SteezMacQueen;10679505]I truly believe this is a superior way to build a fiberglass form of ANY KIND. NOT JUST A BOAT HULL. Vacuum forming is simply a way to precisily control the weave pattern and the proportion of resin to substrate.

I also agree that the color and clear coat being applied after the finish is stronger and easier to control the end results. “Gel coat” has no real structural properties. It is simply the layer that is put on first to more closely resemble the molds surface. On top of the gel coat, layers are then built to add mass and strength. The gel coat can actually hide weaknesses in the glass layers.

I applaud Venus for using this build method. A few other things they “got right” as well, like the seats and layout.

I wish it was more in my tastes cosmetically and priced more for my budget....But, it is great that we have quality choices for everyone.[/QUOTE]
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

4. Member
    Just too expensive. They need to compete with the Ranger Cup Packages and the Bass Cat special packages. I’m purchasing a new, high end boat this year but can not justify the extra cost of the Vexus.

5. Member
    ive got a 1992 361V still strong just got major tune up and hull is in great shape I love it

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John__S View Post
    Just too expensive. They need to compete with the Ranger Cup Packages and the Bass Cat special packages. I’m purchasing a new, high end boat this year but can not justify the extra cost of the Vexus.
    What the cost difference between a loaded Ranger or BCB compared to a Vexus? I doubt the difference is that much

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Natch64 View Post
    Has anyone posted an actual price on a fiberglass model?
    It’ll be interesting to see how an automotive repair shop works with a fiberglass boat hull.
    -Guarantee their techs won’t touch it.
    Painting a hull not an issue, but most boat repairs involve fiberglass work if it’s taken in for repair.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 32regulator View Post
    What the cost difference between a loaded Ranger or BCB compared to a Vexus? I doubt the difference is that much
    Around $8,000 difference between a vx20 and z520l Ranger Cup package with twin blades. The Ranger Cup comes with 2 Lowrance 12 inch live. When I priced the Vexus VX20 I included a Helix 12 and 10.

9. Member
    I don’t think a 5-10% cost difference on an 80k boat is going to deter too many buyers. I know it definitely wouldn’t for me, but I’ve paid over 100k for a bass boat. If you are one of those that say you could buy 5k worth of gear with the difference, then you shouldn’t really be looking at that price range boat if money is that tight, although I’m no financial advisor.....god knows we have plenty of those experts on this board that didn’t complete 8th grade. A person who can afford a 80-90k boat will buy the boat and buy 5k worth of gear while waiting on dealer to detail the boat. 80k or 88k for a boat....at that price who cares. Buy what ever you like. Me, I’m buying the Vexus!!
    Last edited by 32regulator; 12-01-2019 at 03:33 AM.

10. Member
    Awesome boat.

11. Member
    At 21'11", the VX21 in reality is a 22 foot boat. With a 300HP on the back, upgraded Electronics and other accessories, I can see where the price would break 100k.
    The cosmetic design of the boat is not for me, but that's different for each of us.
    My only disagreement with those comments mentioned, is paint vs gelcoat. Gelcoat will take a much better beating than paint. Its resin based. I drag my boat across a lot of stumps in Louisiana. The light scuffs are minor and easily buffed out if I choose to do so. Paint will not hold up to beaching, rocks, and other bottom dwelling hull busters. Will paint be easier to fix when scratched to the glass? Definitely!
    Also, I like flake in my Gelcoat. Nothing like the sun hitting that flake that makes the boat pop! Of course this is a personal cosmetic opinion.

The VX series will get a following!!
    Time will answer the question of the reliability of its hull, design, and paint.
    Last edited by Cajunhunter67; 12-03-2019 at 01:47 AM.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

12. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    At 20'11", the VX21 in reality is a 22 foot boat. With a 300HP on the back, upgraded Electronics and other accessories, I can see where the price would break 100k.
    The cosmetic design of the boat is not for me, but that's different for each of us.
    My only disagreement with those comments mentioned, is paint vs gelcoat. Gelcoat will take a much better beating than paint. Its resin based. I drag my boat across a lot of stumps in Louisiana. The light scuffs are minor and easily buffed out if I choose to do so. Paint will not hold up to beaching, rocks, and other bottom dwelling hull busters. Will paint be easier to fix when scratched to the glass? Definitely!
    Also, I like flake in my Gelcoat. Nothing like the sun hitting that flake that makes the boat pop! Of course this is a personal cosmetic opinion.

The VX series will get a following!!
    Time will answer the question of the reliability of its hull, design, and paint.
    The VX21 is 21'11"
    The VX20 is 20'11"

And the hull is Gelcoat finished

13. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John__S View Post
    99a927962c4bb2124abff965c13bf7e4.jpg

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    The VX21 is 21'11"
    The VX20 is 20'11"

And the hull is Gelcoat finished
    Thanks, corrected.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

15. Member
    Here’s my biggest complaints about the Vexus fiberglass hulls. 1) the height on the trailer. On shallow ramps the boat and trailer would have to be backed way in the water. I often fish by myself and don’t care to get my feet wet before getting in the boat if I can avoid it. 2) the finish of the boat. The boat at the expo in Hot Springs in October the painted top cap had many flaws (trash) in the paint and the tape lines on the gel coat on the hull was anything but straight and crisp. The lines was wavy and the edges wasn’t true and you could see where gel crept under the edge of the tape. On an $80k boat the finish better be top quality especially if you’re a new brand and you’re putting it in front of thousands of people. If I was in the market Vexus would be a hard pass until the finish quality came up to standard.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567