Stratos 200 XL Chine Walking After Jackplate

Made the maiden voyage in the new to me 2008 200 XL. As recommended on here I went with the 10" Atlas jackplate. 26 Tempest Plus. I played with the motor height in about 1/2-1" increments from whole way down to as high as it would go without blowing out. No matter what it wants to chine walk bad at about 65-66mph. 10 gallons of gas and just me no fishing gear. It had a lot more in it I had to back off. The previous owner's friend told me today they had it up into the upper 70's and it never chine walked. Any suggestions? Looks like this thing liked no jackplate.

That hull like's weight in the azz so fill up your gas tank, put some gear in the rear bins or water in the wells and go out and play. She's getting up on pad and thats why she is chine walking, you need seat time in her to learn how to drive it. watch some video's and better yet get someone with good experience to show you how. start at about 3.25'' ptp. That 26 Tempest will get that boat moving but you won't like it when there's some nice wave's to navigate. The 3 blade will lose grip of the water and blow out but the 4 blade won't. Remember that because when it happens you will think to yourself, hey I remember someone telling me about this. Our hulls love the Trophy and you will only lose a couple MPH. I spin a 26 Trophy with mine and I'm running a 200HP
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    That hull like's weight in the azz so fill up your gas tank, put some gear in the rear bins or water in the wells and go out and play. She's getting up on pad and thats why she is chine walking, you need seat time in her to learn how to drive it. watch some video's and better yet get someone with good experience to show you how. start at about 3.25'' ptp. That 26 Tempest will get that boat moving but you won't like it when there's some nice wave's to navigate. The 3 blade will lose grip of the water and blow out but the 4 blade won't. Remember that because when it happens you will think to yourself, hey I remember someone telling me about this. Our hulls love the Trophy and you will only lose a couple MPH. I spin a 26 Trophy with mine and I'm running a 200HP
    I would follow every word of that advise.

4. Member
    I had a 25p trophy plus that I did swap out for the 26 tempest on the last part of the trial runs to see if it would help chine walking. Probably do need a 26p trophy though and the hub was smaller than the tempest plus I have. Appreciate the advice and I will try the added weight too.

5. Member
    These boats will chine walk when empty. Load it up like you normally run and run it again. The 26 Tempest is a turd unless it been worked. The Trophy is a small hub prop so that is normal. Did it still walk with the Trophy? Do as said above for starting at 3-3.5” below pad.
    But run it and see what kind of Rpms you turn before getting another prop.
    You will have to learn to drive it light or it will feel completely out of control. Once you learn, you don’t even notice you are doing it.