Kistler Helium 3 or new Megabass Levante

I would just like to hear opinions.

2. Member
    I have no experience with the Megabass rods but I have several Heliums and they are nice rods. I do not think you would be disappointed with them.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

3. Banned
    The new levantes are one sweet rod.

4. Member
    I have 2 Kistler Rods, both the high end of their line.
    1 is the Z-bone and the other is a flipping stick, forget the model but
    it was about a $400.00 rod.

The reel seat seat failed on the Z-bone, reel would pop out
    on a hook set.
    The big stick was used Saturday to throw a light A-rig and it broke on a cast about
    1/2 way down of all things.

Cant say that I am a Kistler fan.

5. Novice Boaters Forum Moderator jclark408's Avatar
    I have a Helium 3 and its unreal to me. I have lots of good quality equipment but when I pick that rod up, its so light but yet so so sensitive. Never seen a rod with that much sensitivity and light at the same time.
    ------Co-founder of Post Derailment, LLC---------

Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    The new levantes are one sweet rod.
    ^^^ This

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

I’ve used the helium 3 and tried a megabass orochi xx I think it was and there is no comparison IMO the Helium 3 was much better. I’ve never used a levante but you will not be disappointed with the helium 3.

Helium’s are outstanding rods for the money.

Haven’t used the Levante, I’ve got a few USA destroyer Megabass and love them. Megabass rods are fishing art.

Doubt you could go wrong with either.

9. Member
    Can’t go wrong with the H3. Only bad thing I can say about them is that since buying mine I want to replace all of my rods with them. Have no experience with Megabass rods.

10. Member
    my H3 is legit, have not experienced Megabass art
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

11. Member
    The He3 are just plan no good .......if you have any to get rid of I will pay the shipping to my address so you can clear them out.....lol. I own several and love them, my only complaint is they make a great model rod and when I go to buy another just like it that model is discontinued? Can never go wrong with any of their product line I have a bunch of the KLX and He3 and think they are all great rods.

12. Member
    I’m quite familiar with Kistlers. Choosing a model depends what action I need. Such as fast or moderate fast. The new Zbone 2019 models are extremely sensitive especially in the heavy action that I like. If I look for a lighter action, I’m inclined to use the Helium. I’m not sure if “I” can feel the difference between HE3 and Zbone in the 3 power range.

13. Member
    I have several KLX's and a few H3's. The H3 is light, balanced and very sensitive. Kistler website runs 20% sales often and for that price it's hard to beat.

14. Member
    I have 2 Kistler Magnesium 2 and bought 2 of the original Megabass Levante they sold on clearance this winter to make room for their new version of the Levante. One Tour Versitile and one Flatside Special. The Megabass rods are more tip heavy than the Kistlers.

15. Member
    I just received my first Helium3 7'3" LMH paid $213 for it off Kistler site. I got to fish it yesterday and it so far seems to be a great purchase. I was using 16# fc line dragging a 1/2oz rocket shad spinnerbait thrown a good 100' out in 20fow and the feel transmitted was excellent. Cant wait to try braid out dragging a lure

16. Member
    The kistler is a better blank. My issue with kistler is he changes his builds frequently and I would like to see more lengths offered plus more spinning options
    Nitro z21

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffprocraft190 View Post
    I have 2 Kistler Magnesium 2 and bought 2 of the original Megabass Levante they sold on clearance this winter to make room for their new version of the Levante. One Tour Versitile and one Flatside Special. The Megabass rods are more tip heavy than the Kistlers.

There is no comparison between the old Levante blank and the new blank. Two different blanks built under 2 different processes. Also the new ones have different components too. It was a total redesign. None are tip heavy now.

18. Member
    I have bout 10 Kistler Rods all way up to the Z-Bone. I love my H3 rods. I have 5 or 6 of them. The light medium heavy is my go to rod. I can do all with it