aiken 21xrs

Mercury 4 strokes on Bullets

OK I know we are out there. We need to start talking setup and props on our bullets with the new 4 strokes. I'm still in break in so I have no info yet
    Please start the conversation.

2. Member
    I know a 32 bravo fs is too small for me. Only have 11 hours though.

3. Member
    32 Bravo hits limiter pretty quickly on my 21SST with 300R - I fish a loaded boat. The 36 Bravo is too tall for my load - take a long time to get out of hole and lugs motor pretty good...waiting on the Max 5 and hoping its all its said to be..
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

4. Member
    What pitch max 5 are you getting

5. Banned
    Can't hide money... $2,461... Dan

https://bblades.com/shop/propellers/...-racing-max-5/

6. aiken 21xrs
    Anyone with a 21xrs and a 250 Pro XS, what motor height are you running with the torque master?

7. Banned
    3/4 inches below pad... Seems to be the best for all around performance... Anyone have a better set-up???... Dan

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by b&wbullet View Post
    OK I know we are out there. We need to start talking setup and props on our bullets with the new 4 strokes. I'm still in break in so I have no info yet
    Please start the conversation.
    I am probably 8-10 weeks away from getting my Bullet, sure hope you guys have iT figured out by then

9. Member
    Falcon pilot and rclark1 both are running the 1.75 geared lower unit correct?
    What do you think will happen with the 1.60/1.62 gears in the lower unit.
    Still going 0n the limiter? What mph are ya'll running on top end.

10. Member
    92 on limiter loaded with 2 people. 32 bravo fs which slips really bad coming out of the hole. 1" above pad. Don't like the hole shot at all!

11. Member
    I'm running a 15.5x36p bravo FS on mine. Looks like they have shortened the barrel and reduces flare on it. It'll fly...I love not having to buy oil.... It's smooth... Runs great... But does have fuel economy issues with the bravo. I think the 5 blade Max 5 would be better but who wants to fish the Alabama River with a 2600 dollar prop. Not me... Can't do it... I've gotten my setup pretty close and my mileage is acceptable at this point. I'm running a 300r on a 20xd so my setup may not help you guys with 21s . But I'm 2 1/4 above and I spin that big bravo nearly to the limiter and have Hit the limiter when the fuel gets low in the afternoon. Slip numbers aren't good at all but as I've played with engine height it's gotten better. Overall...I really like my new motor... I've had it since November and only have 10 hours on it so I've still got a lot to learn about it. It's pretty cool to blast of on tournament morning and see triple digits on the GPS ��!! Best to this point is 103.7 loaded solo and 100.9 loaded on tournament day!

12. aiken 21xrs
    What plugs are you running the Bravo.

13. Member
    Max 5 is OK, but not worth the money to me so far - It's a 32 pitch - It handles great, hole shot is about like everything else, but I run out of water pressure trying to get it high enough to make it really run - It runs about same speeds as Bravo. If I shaved the barrel on the MAx like I did my Bravo, I think it would make the prop what I was looking for, but who wants to go cutting on a $2200 prop?

My boat did like a prop that Chris had built - it's a 32" 5-blade - hole shot was great, handling far superior to anything else I've tried, rides great, and with full fishing load, 3/4 tank of gas, full livewells, 90 degree temps, high winds and rough water, it ran 97.4. I know 100% without a doubt with this prop the boat will run high 90's with two people and well over 100 with one and light. I've struggled with liking this boat since I've owned it and it could have been bought at any time for the price - after finally finding the right prop, boat will probably never be for sale - it's that awesome...
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

14. Member
    Falcon-

Can you share the details of the 32, 5 blade that you've had some success with? Whats keeping you from purchasing one? Looking for a little more?

15. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex1 View Post
    Falcon pilot and rclark1 both are running the 1.75 geared lower unit correct?
    What do you think will happen with the 1.60/1.62 gears in the lower unit.
    Still going 0n the limiter? What mph are ya'll running on top end.
    The 1.60s will pull our prop sizes down, in my testing it took me down about 3 sizes in pitch with a 250R. I ordered a 300R/1.60s but wont see it till October more than likely, till then I will keep bangin the limiter with the .75s
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0