Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Congrats! Enjoy your new rig!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

2. Member
    Thank you gentleman!

3. Banned
    Very nice.

4. Member
    Congratulations on your new boat !! Nice rig !

5. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Very Nice brother!
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

Beautiful rig! The whole setup is setup just right. Let us know your thoughts on the Ultrex on a 17’ rig. I have the same boat and would like a Ultrex on mine. Also how does the 75hp push it?
    Garmin Stiker 7sv and 7cv
    2017 Crestliner VT17 - Mercury 60 4S

7. Member
    Thanks again for all the congrats, I appreciate them!

The Ultrex is so friggorin' amazing, I'd hate to sound like a broken record - but it's truly a game changer. And 80lbs is more than enough on this 17'-6" tin, I have no problems mowing across an inlet without worrying about using the gas motor. I'm having some issues with the spot lock disengaging, for no apparent reason, but I'll figure that out.

It seems they didn't use a network switch during the install (going to work through that with the dealer) as each Helix is only seeing the other, not the I-Pilot Link.

Also, although my phone will pair via bluetooth with the Ultrex, the Hbird I-Pilot app says "motor not found". So I have to figure that one out, too. Tried unpairing and repairing, no dice.

Have only been out twice and am still within the break-in period for the Merc 75, so I don't know max speed yet. Definitely been at or close to 30, at pretty moderate rpm - I'm expecting it to be around 40 when break-in is complete, but high 30's is good enough, too. The ride is quite nice, had some 1' to 1.5' chop on Sunday afternoon and it handled it no prob.

Now if the fish would only learn to cooperate, spawn's been going on my home lake (Lake Blue Ridge) not to mention it's a deep DEEP DEEP lake and I need to learn it - only been on it twice :) so I shouldn't expect more than the few dinks I've brought in during the spawn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12