Recommended Shaft Length Ultrex

I'm looking at getting an Ultrex. What shaft length would work best for my 2018 z19?

2. Member
    45" is standard. Some guys go with the 52" if they are expecting to be rock'n and roll'n in big water.

3. Member
    Unless you're a northern / great lakes guy, I would stick with 45".

4. Member
    Not an owner of the z19 but have a 45” on my Z119c and it is more than brought 95% of the time. And that other 5%, I really shouldn’t be out there anyway. Lol.

Can't imagine u need more then a 45.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

6. Member
    What I thought... Thanks guys

7. Member
    it all depends on your style of fishing. If you stay out on ledges on Tn river regardless of wind, you need a 52. If you're mainly a shallow water guy 45 is the deal. Personally I wouldn't have a 45 because I've had too many days I couldn't keep it in the water.

8. Dogfish_Jones
    45" is my preference. I fish too shllow of water a lot of times and a 52" would be hitting bottom more than I want. heck, my 45" hit enough to make me grimance sometimes. As mentioned earlier if I keep popping my 45" out of the water, I should not be on the water in the first place. But I fish rivers and lakes where it is not wide open most of the time. The biggest lake I fish is Guntersville.

9. Member
    I bought a 800 dollar cover for my boat (Z19) and the cover almost doesn't fit with the 45". Def wont work with a 52". Also something to consider.
    I did however over power it with a 112#(boat came with 24v 80#). It doesn't have to work very hard to hold my Z19 in spot even in the roughest water and coming out. the 112 is probably a little overpower for the z19 but I think it compensates for the longer shaft in its own way.