downloading software to new garmin gpsmap 1022xsv

After copying new software onto memory card with help from garmin support , I tried to install software into the 1022 . I turned unit on let it boot up , installation instructions followed , the unit never gave me the selection to 'update software'. It gave me a selection of ' Manage card or copy built-map or set activecaptain card. scrolled thur those prompts . It then gave ' file type ADM or another file type which I didn't write down on that screen it also had save to card, merge from card replace from card or delete file. also gave me merge from selected file and replace from selected file. I am not sure what to do ,being that garmin support are off today , I thought about getting help from people that actually use Garmin .

2. Member
    When you insert the card an option should pop up allowing you to choose "Update software". If it doesn't, the information on the card is not organized property or can't be read.

You directions for getting the software update are to first download it to your computer. Then run that download and it will unpack and move the update to the memory card in the proper format. Is that what you did?

We are talking about a software update, not a map update, right?
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    software update was downloaded to a file on computer following instructions from garmin tech while on phone with tech . Card is formated fat32 as it supposed to be . what do you mean run the download ? when opening downloaded file message comes up "do you want to allow this app. from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device. has answer yes or no . answered yes brings up another message extraction failed . file is corrupt.

4. Member
    Looks like you did it correctly. Corrupt means you have to start all over. Delete the copy you have and download another. If that don't work, pm me.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.