Thread: Monroe 4/18

Monroe 4/18

Rodney (woppy on here) and I fished Monroe last night, air Temp was 51 with a solid rain, water Temps were 54-56, main lake clear, backs of pockets stained to clear.

We fished up in the woods throwing everything from jigs to top water in 3 feet or less. We each lost a big fish, his broke his line 6 feet from the boat, got a good view of her when she came up and rolled, 4 lb+. I just didn't get a good hook set on mine and she came up, smiled and spit my lure back at me, easily over 5 lbs. I boated a small keeper and also caught a 5.12 on top water. Miserable conditions but we still got a few good bites. If you're going, get shallow and if that doesn't work, go even more shallow, they're up there.

2. Member
    The main lake is not clear imo....i was there last night. It is certainly more stained than usual!

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaBassMan View Post
    The main lake is not clear imo....i was there last night. It is certainly more stained than usual!
    I guess it would depend on how far down the lake you went, some of it was really clear. You do any good?

4. Member
    We just fished 5-8pm...caught 7-8 but no size...two keepers. We were up in the flooded stuff as well.