Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Banned

2. Banned

3. Member
    LOL I had never heard of this Stevie Fast guy until this. Guy is cracking me up busting on the Street Outlaw guys.

4. Banned
    He's a hell of a racer and a good guy.

5. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Don’t let Lutz anywhere around anything needed to be welded when he has a caulking gun!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    Don’t let Lutz anywhere around anything needed to be welded when he has a caulking gun!

7. Member
    Well great now you all have me following this Stevie guy on youtube lol.

Pretty cool video on running on of these pro mods.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Well great now you all have me following this Stevie guy on youtube lol.

Pretty cool video on running on of these pro mods.

9. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar

10. Member
    While watching promod vids I found this...I remember the minion mustang when it wad just getting interesting

Clearly it's gotten very interesting now...wow

2020 Skeeter ZX150

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdSVT View Post
    That's the cool part about a proper turbo setup...you can dial in the boost to peak where you can use it...sorta like how fuel cars "bring in" the clutch...I prefer a screw blower personally, cuz i love a violent launch, but I love watching the turbo cars run huge numbers out the back door
    I am going to date myself a bit here. But all the way back to Jim Oddy and Frank Hawn we're running a blown Vette against the nitrous cars and just running away from them. Love to watch pro mod! Cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

12. Member
    I was fortunate enough to see the very beginning of ProMod. Back in the mid 80s, on just about any weekend, you could go watch the likes of Scotty Cannon, Tommy Mauney, Wally Stroup, Charlie Carpenter and a ton of guys who became ProMod legends. Shuffletown, Orangeburg, ShadySide and Greer Dragway was where it was born. It was really something special to see!

All the cars then had clutches and 4 speed Lencos. You had to tune and manhandle those cars.

Quote Originally Posted by BPenrod View Post
    Chief went to a NHRA Pro Mod race and couldn't qualify. Lutz is a joke!
    Uh.....wrong!!!!!! He qualified 11th at raidial vs the world in the cromod on 315 drag radials. He ran a 3.99 w/1.04 60'.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatshaft Merc View Post
    Uh.....wrong!!!!!! He qualified 11th at raidial vs the world in the cromod on 315 drag radials. He ran a 3.99 w/1.04 60'.
    Pretty sure he went to Indy a couple of years ago to an NHRA race and didn't qualify, was 2/10ths slower than the field.

So the fastest guy in the world on drag radials beats the fireball camaro at the track on radials, by .04 seconds and the outlaws aren't the 'real deal'? You do know the fireball weighs over 3200 lbs right and is a back half car right? Stevie Fast runs a full blown promod that is less than 2500 lbs.

You guys are comparing apples to oranges. The Street outlaw cars are all back half cars with factory wheel bases. Promods are not, there are LOTS of advantages when you run a promod.

16. Member
    So the fastest guy in the world on drag radials beats the fireball camaro at the track on radials, by .04 seconds and the outlaws aren't the 'real deal'? You do know the fireball weighs over 3200 lbs right and is a back half car right? Stevie Fast runs a full blown promod that is less than 2500 lbs.

You guys are comparing apples to oranges. The Street outlaw cars are all back half cars with factory wheel bases. Promods are not, there are LOTS of advantages when you run a promod.
    So I havent followed the street outlaw show in a while but you are saying the Crow Mod or whatever its called is a back half car ?

Pretty sure he went to Indy a couple of years ago to an NHRA race and didn't qualify, was 2/10ths slower than the field.
    A radial event? I guess it could have been the first one he went to. He's only been to 2 and both were radial events in the cromod. They are not track racers and don't care to be. To say they aren't the 'real deal' tho' is just asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    So I havent followed the street outlaw show in a while but you are saying the Crow Mod or whatever its called is a back half car ?
    No, it is not. All the list cars are and the fireball camaro is also. I never mentioned the cromod. It doesn't even have a motor in it now. Oh, and when he did run the cromod, he had the same 482 c.i. twin turbo motor in it that was in the original crow, and is now in the new crow. The cromod is garage art now with no intentions of racing it anytime soon. He doesn't have the money to compete with 100k motors and million dollar cars.

19. Member
    No, it is not. All the list cars are and the fireball camaro is also. I never mentioned the cromod. It doesn't even have a motor in it now. Oh, and when he did run the cromod, he had the same 482 c.i. twin turbo motor in it that was in the original crow, and is now in the new crow. The cromod is garage art now with no intentions of racing it anytime soon. He doesn't have the money to compete with 100k motors and million dollar cars.

Man I have no idea who ran when or what lol.. I was just asking because you said. "The Street outlaw cars are all back half cars with factory wheel bases."

Which is why I asked if it was a back half car. I havent followed in awhile but didnt remember seeing it as being a back half car and was curious. The Kye Kelly car I didnt think was a back half car either.

Was just curious.

20. Member
    thats twice as a fast as my vector...............

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast