Water and exhaust out of lower mouts and melted prop hubs, cause??

1997 mercury 200 carb motor serial number 0G451465

New to me boat last 2 times out spun/melted the hubs on 2 different props

Water and exhaust are exiting the lower motor mount covers while on the muffs

With the lower unit removed and a garden hose hooked up to the copper tube that feeds the water from the pump. I still get water out of the motor mount covers.

The water pump to pipe seal is ruled out.

When I hook up the garden hose to the copper pipe it does not start leaking immediately, I can hear the pipe fill with water and then it starts leaking.

What could be the cause of this? Is there a hole at the top.of the copper pipe? Or is the seal at the top of the copper pipe bad?

I'm also seeing exhaust out of the motor.mount covers , is this a bad seal between the powerhead and midsection?

Anyways I appreciate your help gentleman , been reading for a long time, this is my first post
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is the liner inside the midsection ? there is just a rubber grommet inside the adapter plate that holds the copper tube in place,,from there when the lower unit is installed it is held in place by the water pump upper housing. If the powerhead was ever removed,the gaskets need replaced with new,or water will run everywhere.
    Last edited by cajunrgfm; 04-19-2019 at 04:32 PM.