2011 Z520 250 Pro XS

Dinged up my 3 blade Fury 25P
    Top end with this prop was 72 mph@ 5950-6000 rpm Bobs Hydraulic jack plate set pretty deep.
    Was thinking of going to a 4 blade 25 or 26 Fury, Is this a good move for better performance and top end?
    Open to suggestions on any prop or setup,

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Hard to tell whether you’d see any top end improvement with the Fury 4, but it’s generally an excellent prop on the Z520 and would run well at low and mid-range. 4-blade props sometimes run faster [top end] than 3-blades, but it’s usually the other way around, and 72 mph is a good average for that boat. As for going up in pitch in a 3-blade Fury, it already looks like you are right in the optimum range both for speed and rpms on the 25 pitch. Again, going up a pitch might help top end, but chances are that it won’t. Both props being in top condition, the 26 will turn fewer rpms, so the small gain in forward movement likely will be offset. And the 26 also might be slower to plane off. A lot depends upon the individual prop, how fast/light your particular hull is, how strong your motor is, etc. Overall performance? If you’re going to be buying a prop, I’d go for the 25 Fury 4. Or you could send your 3-blade to Mark Croxton, get it blueprinted, and quite possibly end up with the best possible performance for less than the cost of a new prop. That’s my 10 cents. Ha!
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio