Thread: Blackstone

Blackstone

Finally converting to a C-Corp. I almost sold my partnership interests because of the K-1 pain but looks like after the next round of taxes it will be over for those K-1's. Interested to see what the dividend will be once they convert.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    Finally converting to a C-Corp. I almost sold my partnership interests because of the K-1 pain but looks like after the next round of taxes it will be over for those K-1's. Interested to see what the dividend will be once they convert.
    I’m not sure if it’t The same, but I owned Kinder Morgan Lp. It was dissolved and I was given 2.4 shares of Kinder Morgan Inc. for my shares. Kinder Morgan then cut their dividend by 75% and it tanked the value of their shares, along with other issues they had. I will never own another Limited Partners stock again. I should have sold the KMLP before the consolidation occurred. It cost me ten years of growth that I had.

3. Member
    What they are paying now is not really a dividend but a distribution. They combine a lot of things in it and i will get like 4-5 different account entries when it is paid. When they switch to a C corp it will be a dividend and likely lower than the distribution which included capital gains etc. Blackstone is known to be one of the best private equity firms with the best people working for them. Whether that translates into stock price appreciation will remain to be seen but from what I have heard it has been trading at a continual discount to its fair value because of its partnership structure.