Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    You would think there would be. What little insight I have to it has me thinking its a very polarizing move. It's either gonna turn out brilliant or its really gonna backfire. My own opinion and this is all it is has me thinking some companies are gonna move away from BPT anglers if they are not allowed to work as that company requires. As I mentioned yesterday there are too many accessible platforms to promote and impact the market these days to companies to allow themselves to have a trail dictate terms to them. I think as a whole pro anglers need sponsor companies far more than those companies need pro anglers,

Again those these are my own opinions and I easily could be wrong.
    It is definitely a polarizing move. I get it to a point as ive never worked for a company that said "sure you can moon light promoting our competitors". So I can understand saying nope to attending other expos etc.

But on the other hand I would think sponsors make the world go round in regards to pro fishing.

Something ive been wondering is if this isnt tied to the hiring of that new guy from NBC Sports. He was previously I think the SVP of advertising sales for them. You would think if he thought this was a bad idea it wouldnt happen.

But who knows.. Its entertaining if nothing else LOL

Tortious interference with business relationships occurs where the tortfeasor intentionally acts to prevent someone from successfully establishing or maintaining business relationships with others. This tort may occur when one party knowingly takes an action that causes a second party not to enter into a business relationship with a third party that otherwise would probably have occurred.

P01135809

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    It is definitely a polarizing move. I get it to a point as ive never worked for a company that said "sure you can moon light promoting our competitors". So I can understand saying nope to attending other expos etc.

But on the other hand I would think sponsors make the world go round in regards to pro fishing.

Something ive been wondering is if this isnt tied to the hiring of that new guy from NBC Sports. He was previously I think the SVP of advertising sales for them. You would think if he thought this was a bad idea it wouldnt happen.

But who knows.. Its entertaining if nothing else LOL
    Are the anglers employees of BPT though?

4. Member
    Are the anglers employees of BPT though?
    Well thats a good question. There are all the RUMORS that say they signed a 3 year agreement and accepted some payment etc etc. I guess that sorta kinda makes them an employee. But as I said I believe that is to this point just a rumor. I cant place seeing anything coming from an angler saying they signed any contract or accepted any payment.

But either way any of the tours can simply say thanks but no thanks and just not allow them to compete. Maybe not technically an employee but they all control who competes.
    Last edited by Axkiker; 04-21-2019 at 10:44 AM.

5. Member
    Mark agree with you. Why would I sponsor someone who can only work with bpt. Bass pro wants all, as they choose to spend with all.

6. Banned
    With everyone leaving BASS i do not even watch it anymore.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wiget10 View Post
    Mark agree with you. Why would I sponsor someone who can only work with bpt. Bass pro wants all, as they choose to spend with all.

Bass Pro is Smart. They are investing in all tours. Couple years ago you were not allowed to have a BPS sticker, boat or anything related in sight at FLW events. They used to tape over guys jerseys. Had Everstart stickers you could paste on. Anglers had to use Rangers with Lowrance electronics on the TV days.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Walleyeguy456 View Post
    Bass Pro is Smart. They are investing in all tours. Couple years ago you were not allowed to have a BPS sticker, boat or anything related in sight at FLW events. They used to tape over guys jerseys. Had Everstart stickers you could paste on. Anglers had to use Rangers with Lowrance electronics on the TV days.
    I know. Odd that the pendulum seems to be swinging back towards the Irwin Jacobs model that didn't work for him long term.

Quote Originally Posted by dwmgg17 View Post

I've enjoyed watching the new guys make a game for themselves. It has a good vibe to it and you can tell many are hungry to succeed. It has a great energy again. I enjoy all 3 trails but I think BASS is doing better than I expected they would be.

10. Member
    Bass needs to have better exposer/coverage like FLW on You Tube live! BPT , I just cant get into like the old 5 biggest fish game.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwmgg17 View Post
    Same here. I turned it on a couple of times during the last event and thought “Who’s that?” Then I turned it off.

Quote Originally Posted by db220 View Post
    Same here. I turned it on a couple of times during the last event and thought “Who’s that?” Then I turned it off.
    Yeah who is that old Clunn dude that won that first event
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Well thats a good question. There are all the RUMORS that say they signed a 3 year agreement and accepted some payment etc etc. I guess that sorta kinda makes them an employee. But as I said I believe that is to this point just a rumor. I cant place seeing anything coming from an angler saying they signed any contract or accepted any payment.

But either way any of the tours can simply say thanks but no thanks and just not allow them to compete. Maybe not technically an employee but they all control who competes.
    If the pros signed a 3 year contract with BPT, there would have to be language in that contract to specify that BPT had exclusive rights to their services. BPT can not simply make up that rule now and impose it ex post facto. Same deal with any sponsor contracts that BPT signed with various companies. That contract would have to specify that those sponsors can not support competing circuits.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

14. Member
    I really like Bass Live, so that has been the only one I have been watching. I find out about MLF results on BassFan. May take a few years to grow on me. Cant keep it straight yet.

I've enjoyed watching the new guys make a game for themselves. It has a good vibe to it and you can tell many are hungry to succeed. It has a great energy again. I enjoy all 3 trails but I think BASS is doing better than I expected they would be.
    I don’t think it has great energy again. From my area of the world and being involved with BASS for several years, the energy is at an all time low. A lot of big sponsors are down in the dumps and confused on what route to go. Every area is different though. Your area may be enjoying the no name guys.....I’ll say this, those Johnston boys can catch a damn fish!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roosterman View Post
    I don’t think it has great energy again. From my area of the world and being involved with BASS for several years, the energy is at an all time low. A lot of big sponsors are down in the dumps and confused on what route to go. Every area is different though. Your area may be enjoying the no name guys.....I’ll say this, those Johnston boys can catch a damn fish!!

Not going by interest in my area as much as I am the industry people I talk to. I'm willing to bet more sponsor companies are worried about the latest BPT rule in regards to anglers than anything right now. Not sure how well that news was taken by some companies.

17. Member
    Without a doubt. The new guys have put a breath of life into BASS that the old that left had lost and it shows big time. Lots of stuff happening and a lot points to MLF struggling or atleast what appears to be. Seems they really thought, or planned, that they would kill BASS when they did all of this which is why I think they are still trying to polarize themselves from BASS. Reality is hitting them in the face though. I still think if they would just let the product dictate and sell itself they would be fine but with what seems to be going on they could potentially kill their own product. Seems like some really crooked workings behind the scenes and the anglers will not like that, especially the ones that arent the original 24

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    Bass needs to have better exposer/coverage like FLW on You Tube live! BPT , I just cant get into like the old 5 biggest fish game.
    Hey man if 12” bass are your thing, then the BPT is probably for you. You’ll love it there. Man they weigh in all kinds of one pounders there.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rb View Post
    Yeah who is that old Clunn dude that won that first event
    Well except the part when I turned it on Clunn wasn't on so there's that.

20. Member
    Bass & Flw for me every time. I honestly haven't saw one thing i've enjoyed about watching MLF. I think it pretty much sucks.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast