Any Drawbacks To Quick Release Mount?

Going to be moving from Fortrex to Ultrex, but hanging onto Fortrex as backup. Planning on using the MK-23 so a swap will be easier. Any drawbacks to this?

A lot of the go fast guys use a quick release mount...I haven’t heard of any draw backs. You can just hang the Fotrex on the Ultrex mount if you want.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    Maybe one drawback is that they can be easily removed by thieves. Many, however, have a hole where a lock can be used to secure the plates.

One bolt and those are swapped. No need for a quick release its just about as quick removing that one bolt

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

5. Member
    Weight up front is a negative.

Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    One bolt and those are swapped. No need for a quick release its just about as quick removing that one bolt
    Perfect. Thanks for the heads up, wasn’t sure on how easy the swap was.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilermakerRT178 View Post
    Maybe one drawback is that they can be easily removed by thieves. Many, however, have a hole where a lock can be used to secure the plates.
    I put my Ultrex on a quick release bracket so that I can quickly remove the motor and store it in the truck before any thieves can remove that one bolt and take my $2000 trolling motor and only have to buy a $150 mount to make it theirs.

8. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    I use the MK-23 on my duck boat. A small plastic board is left. Seems stable and I perceive it's not flexing a lot.
    Last edited by F150owner; 04-22-2019 at 08:45 AM.

Allison XB21 2+2, Merc 250 ProXS, 1.62 Sportmaster, Hydromotive Engineering X-OB 29
    Excel 1751 Viper F4, Tohatsu 50 4-stroke, EZ-Trac trailer
    FeelFree Lure 11.5 Kayak

I just put a duralock on my ultrex. Very much peace of mind

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

10. Member
    I think they should come with an remote detonating bomb so you could blow the thief’s to h3ll where the scum belongs...... I hate thief’s. Irritates me to no end, go work for a living to buy the things you want, and some lowlife thinks he can just take it. Sorry for the rant, but I hate having to do things just to prevent from being ripped off.