Port Side Removable Console

2016 Z20 , just received the removable port side console. The center hole didn't seem to line up as well as I would have thought. Other than that the install was simple.

My question is there is a slight wiggle in the fit. Is this normal on any boat that has the port side console. I hand tightened and then took a pair of channel lock and gave is a slight twist, less than a quarter turn. I suppose I could go more but didn't need or want to push my luck.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks !

My port console is rock solid.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

Should not be any wiggle.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

4. Member
    Thanks guys. I hand tightened. I'll give it another turn . It's hard to get leverage on h. Plus I think the center hole is slight off center. Those coarse threads won't strip but the two on the side were much easier.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SAL321 View Post
    Thanks guys. I hand tightened. I'll give it another turn . It's hard to get leverage on h. Plus I think the center hole is slight off center. Those coarse threads won't strip but the two on the side were much easier.
    Be careful, those coarse threads WILL strip. It happened to the Z18 I had before my Z21. I removed the console for more room fishing during the summer months. When I tried to reinstall it I couldn't get the front threads to start. I asked the dealer to install it for me while the boat was being serviced. They stripped the threads out attempting it. They had to fix it under warranty. After that the threads on all 3 hand nuts engaged much smoother. When it was installed, it was rock solid. No wiggle or movement at all .
    '17 Nitro Z21, 250ProXS serial # 2B399616, 24p Fury4, 12" Atlas, Apex 16 @ console, Apex 16 & Apex 13 @ bow, Mega 360, Ultrex, 8ft blades

6. Member
    Yeah the reason I think the hole isn't centered is I felt it binding and thought I had stripped 'em. Stopped immediately, backed everything thing out and all three lugs run in smooth as silk.

I was able to get smaller pair of channel locks on it and gave it another turn and it locked everything down. Can't get out this weekend because of weather tomorrow and commitments on Sunday for obvious reasons. I think its where it should be now.