Big O Guide Suggestions

Hey guys,

I'm going to West Palm Beach for work in a couple weeks, and have a free day and was thinking of trying to hit the Big O with a guide as I'm only about 90 minutes from Clewiston.

Do any of you guys have a recommendation on a good guide.....I'm looking to fish artificials as opposed to using shiners?

Thanks very much!!!

RL

2. Member
    Wright Touch Guide Service - Larry Wright. Out of the town of Okeechobee, North end of the lake. Awesome guy. Old school, but he catches them.

http://twinpalmsfishcamp.com/guide--...-services.html
    Last edited by Whistler; 04-18-2019 at 05:14 PM.

3. Member
    I own property there and just took my girls down for Spring Break. based on what I saw, I would consider some of the more northern lakes to my list. Water levels are getting low. A good guide would know / should know where to launch and how to stay safe. However, one local shared with me that he ran the entire lake and could find almost no clean water. Dirty water in Florida equates to no fish most of the time.

Before the kids got up, I fished RIM canal 2 days. 2nd cast on day one landed 9.2 (biggest I've caught on canal) but only 5 more fish in 2 hour. Two day later a 5 to 6# fish early then only 3 more. I've had days with 25 in 2 to 3 hours so very slow. Other anglers report very slow.

Lake is going through a down cycle right now related to weather in 2017
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

Quote Originally Posted by davidsa View Post
    I own property there and just took my girls down for Spring Break. based on what I saw, I would consider some of the more northern lakes to my list. Water levels are getting low. A good guide would know / should know where to launch and how to stay safe. However, one local shared with me that he ran the entire lake and could find almost no clean water. Dirty water in Florida equates to no fish most of the time.

Before the kids got up, I fished RIM canal 2 days. 2nd cast on day one landed 9.2 (biggest I've caught on canal) but only 5 more fish in 2 hour. Two day later a 5 to 6# fish early then only 3 more. I've had days with 25 in 2 to 3 hours so very slow. Other anglers report very slow.

I'm not too familiar with the area....when you say more northern lakes, which do you recommend and are they much further from Palm Beach?

Thanks again

Capt Mark Shepard from Bassonline out of Clewiston is the best I have ever been with

From west palm beach, you will be close to holiday park Everglades. Some good fishing there also and they have guides also.
    Sometimes I need my ATV when in my boat and sometimes I need my boat while riding my ATV.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo924 View Post
    Capt Mark Shepard from Bassonline out of Clewiston is the best I have ever been with
    Yep, and he guides the everglades also.
    Livin the dream
    2013 Legend 211
    250 Pro Xs

8. Member
    I went out with Tom Mann Jr out of Roland’s place and had a great time

9. Member
    Steve Daniel or Mark Shepherd good guys

10. Member
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

11. Member
    Skip Lake O and go the same distance south and hire a guide for Peacocks and Clown fish. Or maybe i can take you snook fishing, I live 40 mins north of West Palm.

12. Member
    Also do yourself and eat at Roco's Tacos. Best gauc and fish tacos you will eat.

13. Member
    Call mark shepard and ask him. He will either take you to the glades or on the lake. Either way you will catch them

14. Member
    Mark King or Tom Mann Jr. You can schedule either one via Roland Martin marina 800 473 6766

Mark King
    Allen
    911 Bass Anglers
    Bucks County PA

Quote Originally Posted by davidsa View Post

yeah....it only took 32+ lbs to win the Bassbusters on Sunday and Sat had 5 bags over 20.........

Thanks so much guys for all of the great suggestions, super appreciated!!!

Another question - my work buddy that I'll be with seems like he may be steering towards wanting to try saltwater instead on a small charter boat for something like bonefish, permit, snook, tarpon, cobia, etc.

Any suggestions on a small charter out of the Palm Beach area would be much appreciated, thanks again!!!

RL