Does powerloading hurt a ramp?

I moved to Michigan last year and found that you arent allowed to powerload at any of the public ramps. I have fished many other states and havent come across this anywhere else that i remember. If it hurt the ramps I would think many other states would outlaw it also. I have seen at ramps where a hole gets created at the end of the concrete. What do you think? It sure makes loading a lot harder especially by yourself.

3. Member
    Not the ramp itself, but it will blow a hole in the sand or whatever is in the lake past the end of the ramp. Then when the lake is low, you back your trailer off into an unseen hole.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Jackson Tripper 12 Kayak
    Hobie Outback kayak

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
    Not the ramp itself, but it will blow a hole in the sand or whatever is in the lake past the end of the ramp. Then when the lake is low, you back your trailer off into an unseen hole.
    That's a fact! A couple of years ago on Kentucky Lake I backed my trailer down the ramp to load my boat. What I didn't realize was that there was a good drop-off at the end of the concrete. When I pulled the trailer up it hung up on something. I thought it was just the tires bumping up on the end of the concrete ramp. So I gave it a good yank and it came up onto the ramp. What I didn't realize was that the front cross member was what was hitting the end of the concrete. It destroyed the front cross member. $500 to get it replaced.

5. Member
    True above..Some ramps have Pipe markers where Concrete ends one on either side ...Do not back your axle beyond that LINE between pipes...