Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nitro boat quality

ADMIN PLEASE DELETE
    Last edited by ayang; 03-16-2021 at 09:38 AM.

Search function,

most of what you have ever heard was a long time ago.

Buy it you will like it
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Dogfish_Jones
    Nitro's are built as well as the other manufacturers. I think the main details of carpet, and especially the trailers are better in the other boats you mentioned. But at what cost are you willing to pay for those upgrades and name brand?

4. Member
    Don't be afraid. I have owned several Rangers and Skeeters which all had issues. This is my first Nitro (Z19) and I'm impressed so far. The live-wells are awesome, large gas tank, gets on plan immediately, and does not blow around in the wind. I would say it fishes like a Skeeter but does not porpoise (LOL) when on plane and does not sit bow high like you forgot to put the plug in.

The only thing I do not like about it is the placement of the front tie cleats, seems it should be closer to the bow.

Buy and enjoy

5. Member
    I forgot to mention the cooler, I bet you could put three 30 packs in there and still have room. :)

6. Member
    Not this again. Every manufacturer of anything on earth could have something wrong with their product. I think Nitro makes a really nice boat with these new Z models. I haven’t heard much in the way of bad news from these boats. Mostly hearsay or a bad experience from 20 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    Nitro's are built as well as the other manufacturers. I think the main details of carpet, and especially the trailers are better in the other boats you mentioned. But at what cost are you willing to pay for those upgrades and name brand?
    I disagree with the first statement. Having owned Nitro and Basscat, I can tell you there is a difference. Now, that does not mean Nitros are a low quality boat. They are not. Google is your friend and I will say that there have been very few negative posts about the latest Z series.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

8. Member
    Go buy one of the other brands and spend the extra $10,000.00. Or buy a Nitro keep the extra money in your pocket and enjoy fishing. My boat is nearly 5 years old been back to the dealer 1 time because a seat pedestal base wasn't welded properly.

Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    I disagree with the first statement. Having owned Nitro and Basscat, I can tell you there is a difference. Now, that does not mean Nitros are a low quality boat. They are not. Google is your friend and I will say that there have been very few negative posts about the latest Z series.
    Sure there is a difference, just like between Ranger and Triton.

Go look at some used boats to check tout how they hold up.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

I love mine, best money spent for me and how I fish.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

11. Dogfish_Jones
    I've had my boat going on 5 years now, the only two problems I have had with mine are, 1- the rear drain plug was crossed threaded when it was put in and leaked, BPS fixed that while I waited on it. 2- The tumbles in the key switch fell apart. That I had to pay roughly $104.00 but BPS put it in free while I waited on it too.
    Now as I mentioned before, I am not crazy about the trailers. I have already had to replaced all my bunk boards, the two long one were rotted into. The wiring is not the best in the world either. The plug wiring is something that needs to be addressed. They are atrocious and seems to be wired by a five year old. Then the pull cables to hook up to your hitch clamps .. .well after two or three trips they never recoiled back into the slot, they are still hanging out.
    Other than those two things just on my Z has been flawless. I give the Boat end a 8/10, the trailer 2/10.
    Now, I can't tell you how many transducer I have went thorough in 5 years...yikes! I am a magnet to having them torn off. That's not a Nitro boat problem.

I looked at Nitro before buying my Ranger
    I would be proud to own a Z- series Nitro. Is there a difference? Yes. But only little things. The carpet in the Ranger is nicer. I didnt like the removable storage/ locker compartments. They had a Z18 outside a several compartment had water in them. The hatches dont seal as well. The overall hull and motor on a Nitro are nice. It is a great value for what you get.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

Another Ranger guy trolling the Nitro thread??

Quote Originally Posted by mnmike59 View Post
    Another Ranger guy trolling the Nitro thread??

Really? I like Nitro boats. OP, asked for opinions. I gave an honest answer that is all.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

I'm a Triton owner but I think issues with Nitro are far, far overstated. They may have had issues in their history and people hear one story and think it applies to everything forever. Also, they are owned by Johnny Morris and it seems people love to hate on those that are successful these days so they get knocked for that alone.

If you like the boat and the deal is right, go for it.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

16. Member
    I have owned 2 Skeeters, 2 Tritons, 9 brand new Rangers an older Nitro, a 16 Z20 and now a 19 Z21. I have rode in every other brand. In my opinion the new Z21 is hands down the best all around boat I have ever owned or been in. My team partner fished out of a new 21 foot Phoenix last Sat and then with me on Sunday. He owns a 520 Ranger and as soon as we stopped sun morning he said he wouldn't even consider buying anything in the future other than the Z21 Nitro. My Z20 I ran for over 2 yrs and not one issue or stress crack. The carpet wasn't the greatest but that is the least of my concerns. I run boats hard and use them hard and the improvements they have made in quality, fishability and performance are unbelievable over what they used to be. I'm not bad mouthing any of the other boats I have owned. Ranger makes a great boat but as far as overall performance and ride this new Z21 with the Mercury 4 stroke is a beast. Also if your in the market give Blake at Pro Choice Marine in Warsaw Mo a chance. They are the best and easiest dealership I have ever dealt with whether it be boats or vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Cgs1967! View Post
    Really? I like Nitro boats. OP, asked for opinions. I gave an honest answer that is all.
    I was speaking of the OP, Not you btw.

18. Member
    I have a Z 20. It is not quite 3 years old. It is kept in a garage. When I am camped it is under the cover when in the campground. The boat is fine. The carpet on the other hand looks like it is 10 years old. I'm going to have to have it replaced. It is getting streaks in various places. I showed it to the BPS service center and was told that it was past the 1 year warranty.

19. Member
    what most folks don't understand is everytime a small boat builder puts out a boat nitro puts out more than 10 so you have more exposure t things like misuse no being covered an such been in he used boat business over 25 yrs the product has gotten better with newer models.

Quote Originally Posted by mnmike59 View Post
    I was speaking of the OP, Not you btw.
    Okay. Thanks.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast