Need help finding Gold paint

I'm trying to find a bright Gold colored paint for jig heads. I tried Pro-Tec powder paint but the color is not what I'm looking for, I've also tried Rust-oleum metallic but it doesn't stick very good even with primer and a clear coat to protect. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank You.

2. Member
    Me too!. Seems paint can top color never duplicates the shine for me. SO, here's what I did. Hobby store or even Walmart has fine glitter in the crafts section. I clean the lures surface, make up some 5 minute epoxy, coat the lure and then sprinkle the glitter onto the coated lure. Let cure for couple hours and lightly sand roughness from lure. Apply another coat of epoxy, and sprinkle again..Let cure over night, and apply another coat of epoxy only. Tips.. Fine glitter lays flatter than others. I sprinkle over a plastic box and recover the glitter that does not stick. I also thin the epoxy with denatured alcohol on all coats. Works for me...BF
    . Correction::: Its EXTRA FINE glitter that I use.
    Last edited by BIGFLAT; 04-18-2019 at 07:50 PM. Reason: correction

3. Member
    I'm guessing what you want is something resembling the color of a War Eagle spinnerbait head. If that is the case I'll save you the trouble, there isn't any paint that exisit that will give you that look. You need to have your heads plated, I haven't found any good home kits to do it but there are places you can send your heads out to have done but it costs quite a few bucks.

4. Member
    Thanks for the input gentlemen. BF I saw some fine glitter at Wallyworld the other day and thought about mixing it in a clear coat, I like your idea better and will try that Thank you. SJ your right that is the type of finish I would like to have but your probably right just can't do it at home Thanks for your help.

You might try gold leaf products from hobby store, then clear coat.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Ho...g-Finish/p/485

This is about as good as I have found and shoots through my .5mm airbrush great when thinned with water.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

7. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Are you putting a coat of white on first? Often required to get a good looking finish with the metallic finishes.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Often times, Black. Not always.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

9. Member
    Thanks again, I did find an acrylic that wasn't to bad. I've been using a gray primer so I'll give it a try with other color primers. Thanks again for the help.

10. Member
    gpg.jpg

Ask this guy.