Electronics help

I just bought my first bass boat. It needs updated electronics and I'm not sure what to go with it's so overwhelming. I have been looking at lowrance carbon 7 for $699 and hds live 7 for $1150. Which would be the better choice in y'alls opinion? Or is there something else I should consider in the 1k and under range? I just dont want to buy something that's already outdated. Thanks.

2. Banned
    If you have a Bass Pro or Cabelas near you,,go take a look at Humminbird,Lowrance and Garmin play with them and see which one you like better.You do not have to buy from them better deals to be had from other places.
    once you decide which one you like,go to the forum here on BBC and read and ask questions if you have any.Let us know which one you go with.

3. Member
    Garmin 93 sv echomap plus . 9 inch Touch screen and has side vu, down vu, and really good mapping. They can be found for around 900-1k. Also later you can add livescope to it if you would like.

JSP...it doesnt matter what you buy today because electronics are electronics. In 6 months to a year, something better will be released. Thats just the way it is with technology. Honestly any of the brands will serve you well as they all pretty much do the same thing just operate a little differently. They all have strong points and weak points so you have to decide which one fits your needs the best.

5. Member
    Thanks for the responses. Looks like a road trip to bass pro may be in order.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsp1 View Post
    Thanks for the responses. Looks like a road trip to bass pro may be in order.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsp1 View Post
    I just bought my first bass boat. It needs updated electronics and I'm not sure what to go with it's so overwhelming. I have been looking at lowrance carbon 7 for $699 and hds live 7 for $1150. Which would be the better choice in y'alls opinion? Or is there something else I should consider in the 1k and under range? I just dont want to buy something that's already outdated. Thanks.
    That's good advice. Of course, it may cost you some money. After looking at all the options, I ended up with the Hummingbird Solix 12. :)

Quote Originally Posted by L-Ray View Post
    That's good advice. Of course, it may cost you some money. After looking at all the options, I ended up with the Hummingbird Solix 12. :)
    Congrats, you will enjoy it.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins