Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Now if I can just get boat to run
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

Quote Originally Posted by DewRonInc View Post
    Now if I can just get boat to run
    Ron, you should have no problem getting that set up to run for you and plenty of people here can help you. Dean has a lot of experience with the 300XS and is a great source of many prop combo data

3. Member
    Thank's Eli. Ron if you need anything PM your no. and we can talk. I have played with a ton of props and have a hand full, changed set back from 12" to 19 1/2". You just need to keep in mind I typically run and fish at 4350 ft elevation.

4. Member
    Problem I am having is starboard side getting hot, changed thermostats, poppet, pulled powerhead, adapter plate down housing, cleaned, all gaskets, just got injectors done by Jason, next thing is to do head gaskets and check heads, replaced water tube, water pump, all gaskets and seals.
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

5. Member
    Oh got sportmaster from Chris, it has two pickup holes, gonna machine out the third, hole under water pump plate I enlarged and camphored for flow, have good stream from compressor, after I get injectors, probably Monday, I will do finishing work on lower and will give report. Have a 30 bravo going to send to mark, i have a 26 bravo he did on boat now
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

Ron, the best set up and prop are not going to get you the performance you desire unless your motor is running up to par. I'm not saying you don't already know this but Mercury XS motors sometimes get a a bad rap because they are NOT being serviced by a certified Mercury Master Tec who is using the CDS system with the most current updates. I have run a 250XS motor since 2006 and am very fortunate to have one of the best mercury Master Tec's in the North East as my Tec. He has been a Master Tec since 1985 and remains current in all continuing education, he's also a 5X APBA Drag national Champion so the difference a fully optimized XS motor can make is quite substantial. I also assume you are using all the Mercury recommended fuel additives each and every time you fuel up and that your gas lines have all been updated to fully ethanol resistant? particulate matter from these fuel lines can create havoc down stream in your motor.

7. Member
    Yup, already checked, latest software, dealing with water pressure deal and starboard heating up. Have done all short of rebuilding engine. Have a couple more things to do and will see what's up then....
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

8. Member
    Oh yeah, mercury additives all the way, non ethanol fuel, mercury racing oil, mercury racing gear case oil etc etc. We will see very soon.....
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12