Hows Rend fishing?

just wondering in general, not tips really. See the waters been up but pretty stable 409-410 for a while..USA Bassin was there this past weekend and I think only 1 limit? was hoping this was just a fluke as I expected better results.

Ive only fished it in the summer, couple times a year, but was looking forward to fishing the higher water in the spring this year..

2. Member
    It's going to be pretty brutal for awhile. Water is on the rise and lots of rain expected. BFL is next weekend with 180-200 guys. That will give you a good idea. You'll prob see a couple limits but I'd expect 60-70% blank.

3. Member
    Always wondered why high/rising water made it tough there. Is it the fish are just out of reach of you in the brush or does rising water there just put them in a funk?
    Fished the USA Bassin regional where the water came up about 2ft overnight.. I can see why that kind of change can hurt. That was a grind for 3 keepers all day and still placed in the teens.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ptbuck View Post
    Always wondered why high/rising water made it tough there. Is it the fish are just out of reach of you in the brush or does rising water there just put them in a funk?
    Fished the USA Bassin regional where the water came up about 2ft overnight.. I can see why that kind of change can hurt. That was a grind for 3 keepers all day and still placed in the teens.
    Two many places for them to hide,and IL bass stocking program sucks.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ptbuck View Post
    Grew up 5 minutes from the lake and fished it all my life. It’s always been that way in high water. The fish are just programmed to go as shallow as possible. Just can’t get to them.

6. Member
    BFL Saturday. 70 boaters and cos

2443F175-C580-43FE-9156-6C716274A42B.jpeg

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DylanSam View Post
    BFL Saturday. 70 boaters and cos

2443F175-C580-43FE-9156-6C716274A42B.jpeg
    Dodged that train wreck !

8. Member
    I was not so fortunate lol.
    Caught a couple good fish Thursday & Friday on the south end but never got a keeper in the boat Saturday.