96 Stratos Owners Manual

Hi All. I am new to this form and am new to the 1996 Stratos 288 DCR i recently bought. I was lucky enough to get the OMC outboard manual but it did not come with the owners manual. Looking to see if anyone on here has one they can scan in and send to me? I called Stratos and C&O Marine and they didn't have anything.

2. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    I believe that they are printed on unobtanium.
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

3. Member
    Thanks CDN Bass. I plugged unobtanium into google but am not seeing anything. Do you have a address?

You must have a cheap version of google....

un·ob·tain·i·um

/ˌənəbˈtānēəm/
    nouninformal

noun: unobtainium; plural noun: unobtainiums; noun: unobtanium; plural noun: unobtaniums

• a highly desirable material that is hypothetical, scientifically impossible, extremely rare, costly, or fictional, or has some of these properties in combination.

I understand wanting one for a new-to-you boat but you really wouldn't learn much from it in the way of useful info. It's mostly CYA "don't-do-stupid-crap-while-using-our-product" stuff to help to keep from getting sued when they do stupid crap while using Stratos's product. One model manual could pretty much cover the whole product line....

6. Member
    Well I just happen to have a 1996 288 owners manual. I bought my boat from the original owner in 2003 and he gave me all the original paperwork. Give me some time and I'll try and scan it. PM me an e-mail address.

The guy above is right, just a lot of general info.

7. Member
    Ha thanks. Not going to lie the joke went right over my head. sorry.

8. Member
    Thanks BigDave65! Will do.

9. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Wasn't trying to be a smart-a$$, but the consensus is that most boats receive an owners' manual that states:

"Don't be stupid, we warned you, and now you can't sue us."

An outboard manual has a little more information. Now most manufactures will provide an installation manual or quick set up guide, but direct you to the internet for the in-depth operator's manual, which is more pages than you want to print.

You'd be hard pressed to find a specific boat manual today, let alone one from the last century.
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

10. Member
    Hey all new here, just recently bought a 1993 Stratos 275 xl anyone know where I can get a owners manual and a wiring diagram, don't know much about it, but, also having a few issues with it, my email is missouricoonhunter31@gmail.Com thanks guys happy fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Missourifisher View Post
    Hey all new here, just recently bought a 1993 Stratos 275 xl anyone know where I can get a owners manual and a wiring diagram,
    Look at top of the forum in the stickys.

12. Member
    Hey got a question I have a 1993 Stratos 275 xl pro, it will start right up then dies, I'm thinking it is my battery cause it is junk, but I also have the the warning sound that even after start up, but I know it's not overy heating for the fact it just started and the oil is full, so I'm baffeled, any help would be great, also if anyone has a owners manual that would be helpful as well, u can pm me or email me at missouricoonhunter31@gmail.com, thanks all

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    You must have a cheap version of google....

un·ob·tain·i·um

/ˌənəbˈtānēəm/
    nouninformal

noun: unobtainium; plural noun: unobtainiums; noun: unobtanium; plural noun: unobtaniums

• a highly desirable material that is hypothetical, scientifically impossible, extremely rare, costly, or fictional, or has some of these properties in combination.
    That is pretty good. Will have to remember that. We used to call a guy Shi-thead all the time in the club. He could never figure it out.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB