HDS 12 Transducer Placement Help

I just ordered my new Lowrance Carbon HDS 12 unit and I would like to mount it on the cockpit, I have a 2010 Ranger 188VX with a 175 HPDI, where would be the best place to mount the transducer?, I have seen most mounted on the jackplate. I have an 8 in Slidemaster on mine, is there a special bracket required ?, and finally is the unit compatible with a NEMA 2000 set up?, Thanks for any and all positive feedback, your help is appreciated.

Spanky

Hmmm, kinda quiet......, no input I guess...

Spanky

3. Member
    I would only be guessing, but I would think there is a plate to mount it on the side of your jackplate, like my SI transducer for my Humminbird. But I am only guessing. Brian at BBG Marine Electronics would have all your answers. Nice guy. Have done business with him many of times, have even shared water with him. A fisherman that knows his electronics.

4. Member
    Your questions indicate you may be new to Lowrance and are probably going to need a little help with the install. See if you can find someone knowledgeable to walk you through it or hire it done.

Terry, csurp Thanks for the answers. I have had Lowrance's for quite sometime. I went to u-Tube and got a lot of answers there. The transducer is going on the jack-plate, the bracket is already on. I will be putting the HDS 12 Live in the cockpit and moving my HDS 7 to the front of the bus. Precision Sonar will be sending me a replacement bow panel and a mount for the HDS 7. The new one (HDS 12 Live) is pretty damn Gucci, technology today is very impressive (and costly), but I am going to have a blast with this thing.

Spanky

6. Member
    While you are spending money consider buying a Point 1 GPS receiver/heading sensor and connecting it to your N2K network. Mount it on the rear deck near the transducers. Select the Point 1 as your GPS source and heading sensor for your console 12. Select this unit for the front GPS source and the Point 1 for the heading sensor.