HDS 12 Live Tranducer Help

I just ordered my new Lowrance Carbon HDS 12 unit and I would like to mount it on the cockpit, I have a 2010 Ranger 188VX with a 175 HPDI, where would be the best place to mount the transducer?, I have seen most mounted on the jackplate. I have an 8 in Slidemaster on mine, is there a special bracket required ?, and finally is the unit compatible with a NEMA 2000 set up?, Thanks for any and all positive feedback, your help is appreciated.

Spanky

When you say live transducer, are you talking the Active Image 2 in 1 or 3 in 1 or do you mean the actual live scope transducer?

I am talking about the first one you mentioned, the long one that comes with the unit, Thank You

Spanky

Ok, first thing is you will have to make sure the carbon has 18.3 software loaded in it. Yes the unit is NMEA 2000 compatible. You will need a NMEA 2000 starter kit. Transducer Shield will be the one to contact about the mount that bolts to the jackplate but with the AI transducer being so new, I am not sure if anyone has a bracket made yet. One critical thing when mounting the transducer...it must have clear line of sight to the left and right as well as down to get optimal images.

I already had a NEMA 2000 network in the boat it has 2 Lowrance HDS units on it already a 5 in the bow and a 7 in the cockpit, my plan is to move the 7 to the front and put the new one in the cockpit, does that make sense?, I am already searching brackets and the TS model seems like its the way to go although I have seen some guys fabricate their own and the installs look pretty clean with no port/starboard or down restrictions. Again Thank You for your input.

Spanky

Bryan,
    It comes with the 3 in one transducer...

Spanky

If you already have HDS units installed it should be pretty much plug and play other than adding the new transducer. The bad thing is I dont think you will be able to share the Structure Scan down and side imaging from the Carbon to the other HDS units unless they are Carbon or Live units.

Bryan,
    Thank You for all of the answers you provided, I truly appreciate your help. I have all of the items necessary to get a nice clean install on the jack plate of my boat, I went with the Transducer Shield mount for the jack plate and like you said it is pretty much plug and play after that. I will post on the install when I get done...

Spanky