Thread: Ulterra

Ulterra

Hello, I'm debating a trade with a guy who has an ulterra. I have one also, but with a longer shaft than I need. My issue is mine is a Bluetooth I pilot, and his is a regular I pilot. They both have the heading sensor. What would I be missing If I don't have Bluetooth?

2. Member
    OK. I'm not certain his has the heading sensor now that I look around minn Kota website. Do all ulterras have the heading sensor?

3. Member
    The minn kota heading sensor is Bluetooth. If the other is not Bluetooth it has the older poorer spotlock. You cant do updates from the fishsmart app. Not a good trade unless you cant use yours. Call minn kota I think they will shorten the shaft. Not for free though. call them. Bob

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    The minn kota heading sensor is Bluetooth. If the other is not Bluetooth it has the older poorer spotlock. You cant do updates from the fishsmart app. Not a good trade unless you cant use yours. Call minn kota I think they will shorten the shaft. Not for free though. call them. Bob
    The shaft on and Uterra can not be shorten. It is not recommended by Minn Kota.

5. Member
    I called minn Kota this morning. They weren't super helpful. The lady said she believes that older ulterra models did have the puck heading sensor. She couldn't tell me when the updated or improved spot lock feature came out though. Is it possible that his ulterra does in fact have the improved spot lock, and not have Bluetooth?

I contacted Jones trolling motor a week ago. He said they can not shorten the shafts on ulterras.

6. Member
    The heading sensor is part of the "bluetooth" configuration. If his does not have bluetooth, it will not have the heading sensor. Blue tooth allows for sofware updates, communication between sensor and trolling motor and the opportunity for expansion.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

7. Member
    Thank you everyone for your help. I appreciate your taking the time to respond!

8. Banned
    Just trim up the ulterra, it will stay there.