Thread: Prop hub

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Prop hub

Swapped my 24 Fury 3 for a 25 Tempest Plus on my Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S. When I took my prop off and removed the hub it was in fairly tight but didn’t take much to get it out of the prop. When I put it in the Tempest, it seem to just fall right in place with zero friction or trouble? Does that seem right or do I need a different hub for the Tempest? I checked everything after I got it tightened back down and there is no play or slop in it.

Those two props use the same hub kit. Did the rubber snubber strips come off of the insert? Look to make sure you have all of the rubber strips on the insert.

Or do you have the new hub kit like this?

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    Yes all the rubber strips were on the insert.

4. Member
    The hub kits are the same for those two props.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    The hub kits are the same for those two props.
    so should it have fell in to place as easy as it did? Or should it have some resistance to it?

There are some slight variances between prop hubs.... You rubber snubbers are probably just compressed to fit the old prop.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    There are some slight variances between prop hubs.... You rubber snubbers are probably just compressed to fit the old prop.
    so is it safe to run the new tempest? Will the snubbers expand to tighten up the hub in the new prop?

8. Member
    No they wont expand....Yes it is safe to run as long as you torque the prop nut to the proper specification.