How can I shim my Fortrex TM

Hi guys I have a Minn Kota Fortrex TM and when deploying the motor it hangs up a bit then will go down the rest of the way and make noise. I have been told I need to shim the base mount. Anyone have any tips on how to do this ?

2. Member
    Look up Ashmore Marine Products on Facebook. He just posted in the Stratos Boat owners group about a shim he is making for the Fortrex / Ultrex trolling motors
    1999 Stratos 273 Vindicator 2013 Yamaha 150hp HPDI Vmax

Washers? But they will scratch into the gelcote I'd guess 2 in the front left and 1 on right. On on left middle. But you would have to look at it very close. Big washers
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

My Lowe's has an assortment of black or white nylon washers .. They wont scratch.

5. Member
    Take the trolling motor off the mount, then push the arm down and make sure it is coming down evenly between the supports. If not, you will need to tighten/loosen the bolts that hold it to the boat. When you get it right, then the areas that have gaps where the bolts are will need washers or nylon inserts between the mount and the boat.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    Take the trolling motor off the mount, then push the arm down and make sure it is coming down evenly between the supports. If not, you will need to tighten/loosen the bolts that hold it to the boat. When you get it right, then the areas that have gaps where the bolts are will need washers or nylon inserts between the mount and the boat.
    John
    Thank you ! Best advise as always