2015 Z9 Setup Advice

Anyone out there with 2015 Z9, Merc 250 Pro XS, Slidemaster jack plate and 24 pitch Tempest prop have any advice with going to 4 blade Merc Fury prop? I'm not too concerned with top end speed as I am with improving hole shot and some control on plane.

The Tempest 25p is what I ran on my 2014. I Remember that boat got on plane pretty quick. Have you played with the PVS Plugs?
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    Thanks BMCD! I've not tried messing with the plugs. Currently have all installed but one and that's how it was when I bought the boat in 16. Overall, it's fairly good out of the hole but just notice a bit slower with a "full-size" passenger and some live well weight.

Quote Originally Posted by JMac5 View Post
    Thanks BMCD! I've not tried messing with the plugs. Currently have all installed but one and that's how it was when I bought the boat in 16. Overall, it's fairly good out of the hole but just notice a bit slower with a "full-size" passenger and some live well weight.
    That will be true on all boats and all setups. Try removing another plug and see if that helps.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team