Heading to Bull Shoals

Wife and I will be at Bull Shoals for 2 weeks starting this Friday. If any of you see the boat in my signature; swing by and say hello.

We have been going to Table Rock for a few years but it is getting so crowded with tournaments and pleasure boats we thought we would give Bull a try this year. Hopefully we can figure out how to catch some bass on Bull.
    Don't worry about the fish as we are strictly catch and release on bass. Heck we have a guided trout trip planned too and we won't be keeping any trout either.
    Charger 210 Elite

2. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    You might hop over to Norfork and check it out too, both really pretty lakes and usually fish good.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

Thanks. We may try and do that for a day.
    Charger 210 Elite

4. Member
    Where you staying? I'll more than likely be putting in at Diamond City on Saturday.

We are staying in our camper at white river state park below the dam. Maybe not the most convenient area but we wanted full hookups and liked the park. We don’t have big lakes up here so we will probably run around a lot to see the lake and run the boat some so who knows where we might end up at.
    Charger 210 Elite

6. Member
    I love getting out and driving over to the State Park and dam area. If you get a chance drive over to the Norfork damn, check out the hatchery (there is a kids fishing only area by it that's pretty cool). Also run up the road to Salesville where the Norfork and White Rivers meet that is where my Uncle would take me every summer to trout fish when I was younger. Beautiful area all around there.

Thank you we will check them out.
    Charger 210 Elite

8. Member

Thanks a bunch for the video Cestratton.
    Charger 210 Elite

10. Member
    Curious what you got into today? We went out and caught nothing but bucks, all three species. I did manage to catch my first walleye today got it on a shakeyhead. Met a couple of college anglers practicing for next weeks BASS College event on BS.

We ended up sleeping in as we were both tired from the trip so we didn’t get out until noon. Got off the water at 5:30.
    Did some running around looking at the lake so didn’t fish the whole time.
    We did catch 18 fish with 4 keepers. Most all were smallies with 1 small spot and 2 small largemouths. Nothing big; 2 1/2 was biggest. Caught most on the Ned with a couple on jerkbaits and swimbait.
    We didn’t really do any looking for beds but did not see any when we did get real shallow.
    Our best spot was in a really small cove on a secondary point.
    Last edited by Pro-Hunt; 04-20-2019 at 08:30 PM.
    Charger 210 Elite

12. Member
    What did you get into today? Or was today pack up and leave day? I had to much to do at the house to get out but it was a good looking day.

We did not do as well today. Places we caught them the best yesterday only produced 3 today.
    We are here until the 3rd of May so we have time to try and figure things out.
    Charger 210 Elite

Well this sucks!!!!! Brand new camper ended up having issues so bad we had to come home yesterday.
    What time we did get to spend on the water was fun and hopefully we get back next year and everything goes good.

Thanks again for all you guys help!!
    Charger 210 Elite

15. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Hate to hear that about the camper, hope you get that all straighten out. Come on back anytime, glad you enjoyed the area.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

We are planning to come back next year. From what we got to see of the lake it is really nice!
    Charger 210 Elite

17. Member
    Man that sucks, this weekend is projected to be the best with the water temp and moon. Hopefully you can get back before too long, fall is always good.

Not sure a fall trip will work this year but if we can work it out to come; what normally is the best time of year to be there in the fall?
    Charger 210 Elite

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Hunt View Post
    Not sure a fall trip will work this year but if we can work it out to come; what normally is the best time of year to be there in the fall?
    Man it's so hard to say especially with this Ozarks weather. It could be in the 80s still in October or the 50s. We finally had a good shad kill this winter the last two didn't get cold enough so we had massive balls of shad all over here and at TR. Late November would be a good choice but could be a gamble depending on the weather. One thing to look into would be a good guided trout trip.

Thanks!
    Charger 210 Elite