Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Are you guys seriously recommending a $4,000 fan when the guy just asked for a fan to dry his boat off

2. Member
    I mounted basic Hunter ceiling fans designed for outdoor patios in my shop for not much money. They move the air really well when working in the shop and help to dry the boat quickly. I also use a squirrel-cage type blower in the boat if it’s really soaked. Using a Shop-vac to soak up the heavy stuff really helps to dry out quickly.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrxpress8567 View Post
    I have a 24x32 shop with 12' ceiling. I sourced a blower from a torn out central AC unit from an HVAC bud of mine, and wired it to a switch. I can't imagine a fan that will move as much air as this thing, and total cost was less then $20.
    ^^^ This ^^^
    Call your local HVAC shop. They usually have some laying around. Can mount them however you want.
    Have one in my garage, wired a three speed switch to it.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    Work in HVAC, we install big ass fans... they’re the real deal but pricey (good beer drinking conversation piece tho)
    I have two hunter “patio” fans hanging in my shop. 52” three speed. Run about $100 each and move some air.
    The “Big Ass Fans” are the real deal. We specify them on our commercial projects. They perform great and they’re well built. On a side note you really need to dehumidify also if you want to dry thins out. Buy a good quality dehumidifier that’s sized right for your garage size.
    2006 Ranger Z20 / 225HP Merc Pro XS

5. Member
    I have a 28,000 btu wall mount air conditioner in my 30x35 garage plus two 52" ceiling fans, this works very well at drying out my boat!

I run a dehumidifier year round. There’s water in my shop year round with all the wet sanding but the dehumidifier handles it great !!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

7. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I just use a couple of box fans like you'd use in your home. Dries the boat out very easily, and they cost very little.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12