Alumacraft xb200

Wondering if anyone is running or has crawled around in a alumacraft xb200. I have been looking at crestliner pt20 and am wondering how the two stack up in terms of build quality, fit and finish and performance.

Thanks!

2. Member
    Just my opinion as I don’t have either but my wife works for Alumacraft at the MN factory. They build a nice boat, but if I was looking for an aluminum bass boat I would look at a Vexus. I’ve toured both factories and have been through them inside and out, TODAY Vexus builds a better aluminum BASS boat. With BRP purchasing Alumacraft I can tell you things are going to be getting a lot better in there entire model line. Just my opinion like I say, I’ve owned several Alumacraft tillers and wouldn’t hesitate a second to buy another.

3. Member
    Thanks, I should have clarified, I am in Canada and right now in my area I have access to Lund, crestliner, alumacraft, Lowe and ranger. I'm in a 1850 fish hawk right now and my ideal rig would be the pro v bass, but they are north of 70k with a 200 and no equipment. I'm hoping going to a longer mod v will make up for some of the ride quality while giving me the most room in the cockpit and the most fish ability for the money.

4. Member
    That makes sense, sorry didn’t notice the Canadian location... for what it’s worth, my buddy went with a 18’ competitor from a 17’6” fish hawk and he absolutely loves it. I fish with him probably a dozen times a year in his boat and not a single thing I could complain about. Those Lund pro V bass are sweet rides too but for the money I’d buy glass. Good luck with your search, hopefully someone here can chime in on the models you’re looking at

5. Member
    To clarify, the XB and all the Alumacraft “Southern” or Mod V boats, are made down the road from me in Arkadelphia, Arkansas.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
    To clarify, the XB and all the Alumacraft “Southern” or Mod V boats, are made down the road from me in Arkadelphia, Arkansas.
    That's helpful, want to go look at one for me?

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JVGLiner View Post

8. Member

9. Member
    Sure, just let me know when it’s ready to pick up. I’ll give a thorough tryout, say a year?
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

10. Member
    I have looked at the XB 200 and really liked the boat, tons of storage. They are the widest Aluminum bass boat I was considering. They have a 5 person capacity which i was looking for. The one I looked at had a 150 Mercury and that was the main reason I didn't buy it. If you get one you will want a 200 to push it. It is really a huge Jon with a bass fishing top.
    I ending up buying a Polar Kraft 195 which is pretty similar. If you are thinking Lund Pro V the XB is not going to be in that league. You can build one on the Alumacraft website.

11. Member
    I have looked at them and other Alumacraft Mod V boats. I do agree that you will be disappointed if you were really wanting the Pro V Bass.

Some good things I noticed were: Alumacraft Mod V boats are well built, it is a big boat with a 98" beam, and the front deck is a good size.

Some things I didn't like: The one I looked at had non-skid interior, the compartments weren't exactly square and didn't seem like they would be water tight. There was not a ton of locking storage. I didn't love the rod storage, I don't think you can take out the tubes. You are going to get the the ride of a mod v boat, unlike the pro v bass.

It was not for me, but I see where it fits in the market. However with a 200, they do get pretty expensive.

12. Member
    Thanks, I am worried about the ride and stability being in a deep v now but the price difference is crazy enough to pull me in that direction. The polar kraft 195 looks really good too but the dealers are far.