G3 Bay DLX series

Does anyone else dislike the leaning driving seat height? the top of seat is above the steering wheel. I find that when I sit to drive I have to lean over to reach the steering wheel. I was thinking about getting a shop to take shorten the post.

I was also thinking about getting a bigger gas tank made. I'm running a 2 stroke and would love to have more range. any input or ideas welcome

2. Member
    Do you have the 18' ? I'm giving serious consideration to the 18 Bay DLX but most of my time is spent on smaller bodies of water making me look at the Sportsman 1710as well.
    I'm posting this because your opinion may help me make a decision. I'm looking for comfort when running and at rest. I presently have a 2006 G3 1966 that I have modified and modified again to make it more comfortable. Bimini top, extended deck/storage box, seadek . At my age I'm looking at my last boat so again your experience is valuable to me.

3. Member
    I have the bay 22 DLX. No problems while fishing. Standing while driving is good. I just think the seat should be lower when sitting and driving.
    I have the bimini top as well, love that thing. I got the 36V 112lbs trolling motor. That thing is awesome. I'm running a 250HP 2 stroke Yamaha. That's why I don't like the 30 gal. tank

I do have a guy near me that got the 18' DLX. His would lean to port above 3000 RPM like mine did. He added trim tabs and the problem went away. I sent mine back to the factory and they fixed it with updated trim tabs. These boats aren't as fast as some of the other tin boats boat they ride good.

4. Member
    Thank you, what year is the boat close to you that had the lean issue ? thank you

5. Member
    i think it was a 17 or 18

6. Member
    I just took my leaning post out and mounted a seat. Quick question does your shift/throttle have a look to prevent shifting into reverse accidentally. Mine doesn't and I've accidentally knocked it into gear a couple times

7. Member
    mine doesn't either