Question Mr. Jones question

Bought my Ultrex about 6 months ago. The screw that holds the entire unit to mounting bracket most on here say it is 1/4 allen.
    Mine is T-40 Torx. Have they used more than 1 type screw? My motor did not have a wrench included. I had to find what would fit for install.
    I am thinking something here is odd. Your help appreciated and curious if others have T-40 Torx.

2. Member
    If the screw that holds the complete motor to the mount has changed then it is not called out in the parts diagram. If you have a serial number located under the top of the foot pedal on the same side as the push button, it would be helpful.
    some time they change parts on a troll motor and they start with a certain serial number. Part number is 2293402 for allen head 5/16 screw and 2291700 for the lock washer.

3. Member
    my serial # is: S177MK01368

Thanks for help!

4. Member
    According to the parts break down the numbers above are the correct number for this unit. You should be able to find one at the hardware store. 5/16-18 thread X 1" Uses a 1/4" allen.

5. Member
    As Brad said, the 2018 motors used the Allen screw he mentioned. Did you self install or was it installed by another.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    As Brad said, the 2018 motors used the Allen screw he mentioned. Did you self install or was it installed by another.
    I self installed. There was no wrench in box. Does my SN tell you what year my Ultrex is? If so what year?

7. Member
    As John Said 2018 (S) It was manufacture on the 177 day.

8. Member
    I just went out and took out my screw. It is as I have already said a T-40 Torx. I measured it is 1 1/4 inches long. I had a 1 inch screw 5/16 x 18 thread. Best I could tell it was long enough to tighten between 1 and 2 threads. Not enough I would think. Something is odd here. What is on my Ultex does not match parts list I have seen.
    Maybe somebody can figure this out. I have sent MK an email but have not heard back.

9. Member
    I got email from MK. They say my mount screw should be 5/16 x 18 x 1 1/2 inches........1/4 inch Allen.
    They are mailing me one.
    Mr. Jones you agree with this?
    Thank you!

Add: I was out at Lowes ( Today 4/20/19) and they had the above size screw in SS. I bought and Installed.
    I put a small amount of anti-seize on threads.
    Last edited by 5keepers2; 04-20-2019 at 05:30 PM.