PLZ SOMEONE HELP! Minn Kota sandwich bracket problem

Please someone tell me there’s a way to get around this. Purchased a talon this winter and picked up a sandwich bracket for the port side. I didn’t think much of it because on the Minn Kota website it says “will fit any transom”. Well found out the hard way that is incorrect. I have a nitro 170 tf and the transom flares out on both sides of the motor and the bracket for the talon will not clear that flare. I attached pictures of it for reference. Does anyone have any ideas or did I mess something up possibly? I emailed Minn Kota but waiting on a response. If anyone has any ideas or solutions please let me know! Thanks in advance everyone
    2002 Triton TR 185/ 2002 Mercury XR6
    Lowrance HDS 12/HDS 7- Console
    Lowrance HDS 9/Carbon 9-LiveSight Str8-Up dual mount- Bow

There are like 40 groves on both ends of the bracket, take the bolts out and spin it farther away. I would also move the motor end up to the other set of bolt holes to get it up higher
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I was thinking same.. cant ya just spin it a little more on the splines so it clears the sponsons... but as everyone knows im not a Talon guy.

Spin it aft to clear. If you leave it that low on your transom your gonna have other issues.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

5. BBC SPONSOR
    just spin it around and it will clear no problem.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

The angle looks correct to me. When you install the other bracket the talon mounts to turn it so its square to the boat...and as previously mentioned raise the bracket arm. Mount everything as you can to prevent drag. Look at reply#10 in the link I am going to provide. My arms are in an angle. Not quite as much as yours but still in an angle. My talons are square to the transom because the other mount you have yet to install is turned so they are square to the transom.

picture in reply#10......http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=619678
    Last edited by JR19; 04-17-2019 at 09:46 PM.

He can't spin the mid bracket any further back...... He has run out of splines as you can see in the last photo.... There may be no other option if a jack plate is not on the transom....
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

Quote Originally Posted by KCLOST View Post
    He can't spin the mid bracket any further back...... He has run out of splines as you can see in the last photo.... There may be no other option if a jack plate is not on the transom....
    Yup. Thats the farthest the middle will spin. Can't go any farther to clear unfortunately. Been in contact with minn kota, trying to work out a solution to get the clearance we need
    2002 Triton TR 185/ 2002 Mercury XR6
    Lowrance HDS 12/HDS 7- Console
    Lowrance HDS 9/Carbon 9-LiveSight Str8-Up dual mount- Bow

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    sorry didnt turn my head sideways enough to see that!

10. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by KCLOST View Post
    heck I didn’t see that either, missed it! Yes your are correct!
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

You maybe better off getting a manual Jack plate. They can be had on here pretty cheap and will take the guess work out. I bet you can sale that current bracket or maybe MK will take it back since its never been mounted

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

12. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Agreed can pick up a new Vance or a slidemaster very cheap, or buy one used on here.