Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    I like that. Im sure my partner will love that lol.

Does it get in the way if youre doing side arm casts from the front?

Is that a 2-bow or 3-bow top? I'm not quite sure how they count the bows.
    All I can tell you is I have never hit it with a rod. I guess it could be possible. But I do not swing way back to cast side arm. Generally a roll of the rod tip is all that I require. This is considered a 3 bow top.
    Last edited by Skeeterbait; 04-18-2019 at 06:05 PM.

2. Member
    I just went to Home Depo and picked up a cheap 7 foot spread umbrella. No crank, just a push up style. I had an extra seat post that didn't have a seat that the umbrella just slides down inside of for support. The umbrella pole was a 2 piece style and I just cut off about a foot from the lower piece...Easy Peasy.

Quote Originally Posted by c18lat View Post
    Where did you buy it/what's brand name of it?

3. Member
    Neat idea, very creative! I like that.

4. Member
    We installed a Carver Bimini on our 2016 Ranger Z520CI, Intracoastal last year. Most of the time, my wife fishes with me and we normally take Brady, our Golden with us. If you position it correctly, it won’t inhibit your casting at either end of the boat. As expected, we get strange looks and snickering from the bassin’ purests, but it’s a great addition if you want to get out of the sun or keep your pup from overheating. If the fish don’t cooperate fast enough for my partner, she’ll break out her Kindle and will read a book or just listen to some music, where it’s 15 deg cooler than where I am on the front deck.
    "Semper Fi"
    USMC (ret)

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Natch64 View Post
    We installed a Carver Bimini on our 2016 Ranger Z520CI, Intracoastal last year. Most of the time, my wife fishes with me and we normally take Brady, our Golden with us. If you position it correctly, it won’t inhibit your casting at either end of the boat. As expected, we get strange looks and snickering from the bassin’ purests, but it’s a great addition if you want to get out of the sun or keep your pup from overheating. If the fish don’t cooperate fast enough for my partner, she’ll break out her Kindle and will read a book or just listen to some music, where it’s 15 deg cooler than where I am on the front deck.
    LoL....Not worried about any strange looks or snickering from others.The shade and comfort is what we are looking for.

6. Member
    I had one on my previous boat. Im right-handed and cast off the aft side and run my trolling motor with my right foot. Its comfortable for me this way and the Bimini never got in the way. Sure was nice when you needed some shade.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinF View Post
    I just went to Home Depo and picked up a cheap 7 foot spread umbrella. No crank, just a push up style. I had an extra seat post that didn't have a seat that the umbrella just slides down inside of for support. The umbrella pole was a 2 piece style and I just cut off about a foot from the lower piece...Easy Peasy.
    One thing to add, is a hole through the seat post and umbrella with a re-usable cotter pin, so it doesn't do a Mary Poppins on you and fly away with a breeze!

c18lat,

I just bought a beach umbrella from Walmart. You can use a seat pole to adjust the height. I use it also on the front deck when I'm flipping grass.
    2015 Ranger RT188 (white) * 2015 Etec 115 * Minn Kota Fortrex #80 * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N @ Helix 12 G4N on bow * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N at console * M360-MEGA Live
    Blue Water LED Red Deck Lights, LED White Light in Rod Box & Trailer Backup Lights * V-T2 Live Well Vents * Lew's Rod and Reels. Cool Foot pad on t/ motor .

9. Member
    Ran one on my skeeter but not on my stratos. Wife and kids loved it to get out of the hot summer sun . Got to say I would have to agree with them . Got heat stroke once and since then can’t really do to much hot summer sun anymore

10. Member
    Looked at the pictures of the shades. Apparently they attract pretty girls/women. One guy that fishes one of my clubs had one on his old boat (but no pretty partner) and just bought a new Ranger and has one on that one too. Must be pretty nice to get one on his new boat as well.

I like this guys setup even though it takes away the back deck for the most part. I believe its the same model posted earlier.

12. Banned

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterbait View Post
    Mine is a Carver made with Sunbrella fabric. It has stainless hardware, aluminum 3 bow tubing, and nylon straps. It is sized and uses hardware to attach it to the inside edge of the gunnel and sits inside the perimeter of the gunnel and splash well allowing it to lay low on the back deck. That keeps it out of the way of the back angler. I think this is the best choice for a bass boat. Sitting on top of the gunnel or propped up with rear tube braces instead of laying flat on the deck would make fishing near impossible from the rear deck. Adjust the straps for a good tight fit and put a few twists in them to prevent vibration and you can run 30-35 mph with it up. I shortened my main poles 5 inches and reattached the hardware with stainless pop rivets to make it more compact. I have to stoop just a bit standing under it at 6'2". But I mostly plan to sit when under it. My only regret is not going with stainless tubing for rigidity. The aluminum tube is plenty strong when up or down, but care has to be made to raise and lower from the center of the bow or it will flex and rack a bit.

Nice setup What's the height above the gunnels "46 "54 ?
    Last edited by pa.X19; 04-26-2019 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    You need to post more of the bikini babe to see how the bimini works.
    Next time she’s on the boat I’ll get her to do a video on how to open and close the Bimini top with one hand blind folded!

Quote Originally Posted by pa.X19 View Post
    Nice setup What's the height above the gunnels "46 "54 ?
    I have never measured it. Manufacturer listed it at 46" I shortened the main bow by 5 inches. I would guess that would shorten the overall height 3-4 inches. So as pictured it is likely 42 to 43 inches. I can stand under the center but need to stoop a bit to get under the lead edge. But lowering it has the effect of increasing the shade area under it as if it were larger.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterbait View Post
    I have never measured it. Manufacturer listed it at 46" I shortened the main bow by 5 inches. I would guess that would shorten the overall height 3-4 inches. So as pictured it is likely 42 to 43 inches. I can stand under the center but need to stoop a bit to get under the lead edge. But lowering it has the effect of increasing the shade area under it as if it were larger.
    Thanks your setup will work perfect on my boat and I plan on doing it, but when I measure off my gunnels a "46 will give me a standing height of "64 in the cockpit. I'm '5 " 11 I'm not sure if I need the "54 ? Another thing is the inside of my gunnel rails are rounded, do they make a bracket for that. Will a rail bracket work ? I have access under the rail for fasteners. I plan on going with the Carver with the stainless tubing, looks like around 820.00 without anything I might need to add. Does that sound about right? I'm also interested in information and thoughts about the support poles that will keep it stowed at an angle off the deck overhead for access to the bilge if that makes sense.
    Last edited by pa.X19; 04-26-2019 at 05:55 PM.

The bracket i used would need a flat verticle gunnel side. I do not know what all brackets they have available though. They also have a track bracket that will allow the mount to be moved fore and aft about a foot. I would just try to talk with someone about it from the company. They may already know what would work best with a specific boat. Mine was about $350 with Sunbrella fabric. Stainless hardware was $58. Stainless hardware and stainless tubing was a $266 option. Mine just so happens will raise up over the rear seat folded down then fold the seat up and the Bimini will sit on the top of the seat back. So that lets me get it out of the way to open the bilge cover.

18. Banned
    Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinF View Post
    This one cost me $30.00. I just shortened the umbrella post a little and then slid it down a seat post. Wouldn't cruise with it but great shade for when the wife and I take a break. Umbrella fits in a rod locker.
    Attachment 360754
    So the Post goes in the pedestal hole?

I thought about getting a top for my boat. I just hate drilling holes in a boat, truck or anything.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

DSC_6670.JPG

DSC_6674.JPG

Bimini Attachment.jpg

I have 6' head room standing at the console. The back straps can be shortened and the front lengthened to move the top further to the rear. Likewise, you can move it forward so someone can fish off the rear deck.
    I attached to the hand rails(pic 3), two screws on each side. When folded down it lays on the top cap and on top of the fuel caps. This makes it possible to open the rear hatches without moving the Bimini. Right above Pantera and by the rear buoy, on each side I put self sticking rubber strips to keep the metal bracing from scratching the top cap.

P01135809

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast