Question about Rod Geeks?

Since St. Croix quit selling blanks is Rod Geeks going to start making SCIII blanks?

Allen

2. Member
    I haven't heard they are but you can get the B4's and C4's for less than SCIII cost retail. B4's and C4's are roughly equivalent to SCIV's.

Yeah What Will said. I saw basically they only have an equivilant to the SCII and SCIV and then they will be the only place to get SCV.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkin View Post
    Since St. Croix quit selling blanks is Rod Geeks going to start making SCIII blanks?

Allen
    Are you looking for a particular blank or future reference?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Are you looking for a particular blank or future reference?
    Favorite spinning blank is the 68MXF SCIII but there are some others I am interested in.

Allen

6. Member
    Favorite spinning blank is the 68MXF SCIII but there are some others I am interested in.

Allen
    I don't have any of those blanks so no help here. Like you I will miss the SCIII lineup. I will be replacing them with Batson blanks. If you haven't already, you might want to take a look at the REVS68MXF, IMMS68MXF, and the ETES68MXF. I use the IMMS68MXF as a walleye jigging rod and it is quite nice. I hold no ill will towards St. Croix but this has happened twice before to me, once with Shikari and once with Loomis. I learned we just have to move on and find suitable replacements if we can. Batson has been doing a pretty good job of filling the voids for me. The only blanks from St. Croix i am interested in now is the unpainted SCV and they don't make the model i want anymore. Moving on for me.

7. Member

Allen
    Point Blank makes a very nice 6'9" MLXF and MXF...the MLXF is now my go to drop shot blank.

8. rgoss66892
    I have already purchased 6 or 7 rodgeeks blanks and I have been very inpressed with them. I have built hundreds of St. Croix blanks. The rodgeeks blanks are very close to St Croix and in my opinion a good value.

Allen

I built so many rods on those blanks last year. Guys around me loved them. I have been building on the blanks Doc mentioned and they are very comparable. The point blanks mentioned are also awesome. I just picked up two of the MHX Elite X blanks as well for a guy wanting some walleye jigging rods and they feel like they will match up very nice.

10. Member
    Currently building on Batson and MHX Elite X blanks and like them a lot. Joe