Praying new evinrude gps problems

Have two lowrance units hds 8" working fine no problems just got a new motor and using the nmea network cable took the motor out for its first run now i cant get a cps fix on either of my units checked with other boats in the area and there gps were working fine so not a satellite fix issues in the area . came home and unhooked the units plug in a spare power cord to a battery out in the yard and still cant get a gps fix so my question can installing the new g2 and using my nmea backbone have blown my gps antennas in both my units I have tried everything can't get them to find a gps fix

Any help hints ideas thoughts
    I need some help here thanks in advance

2. Member
    I am not a Lowrance expert but these are my first questions.
    Were the Lowrance units networked together before? High speed and or NMEA.
    Do you have an external antenna like a Point 1 or just the internal antennas in the units?
    Did you get engine data to your Lowrance units?

3. Member
    No external antenna , yes the units were linked together via nmea , and yes I have engine data hooked to my hds unit Thanks any advice is appreciated

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Try disconnecting the G2 from the network and see if you can acquire your position.

5. Member
    I tried that and still nothing I know it possible for an antenna to go bad but in both my units and they were fine before the new motor so in know it is odd but could the motor running through my nmea have blown my gps antennas

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Anything is possible but I doubt it. Maybe a terminator is missing in the back bone? Disconnect each unit from the network and see if they can acquire position.

7. Member
    I would do like ChampioNman said. Also, go into the Lowrance menu and see what is has set as the GPS data source. I had an issue once on a non-Lowrance unit losing GPS fix because I had two different GPS data sources selected. GPS information is transmitted on the network and if you have two different sources it creates a conflict. It worked fine sometimes but other times it did not.

I am thinking this is just a coincidence that it is an issue after you hooked up the G2.

8. Member
    Go to Lowrance forum. Your answer is there. It happened to tones of Lowrance units all at the same time. A fix has been released