Ulterra problems - deploys normal then rotates almost 720 degrees

Every time I deploy the ulterra trolling motors, it gets into the vertical down position then rotates itself almost two full cycles wrapping the chords tight on itself. I have to use the pedal to unwrap itself. I've tried a manual reset but can't seem to get the down position correct. When I stow it, it unwraps itself and stows in the normal, correct position. Can't find anything on how to correct the down position. Most have problems stowing... If i rotated the head manually in the down position opposite of the way that is turning, do you think that would realign the trolling motor?

2. Member
    If you have a remote, disconnect the foot pedal and deploy with the remote. See what happens or bring to an ASC

3. Member
    After my post I went and did some research on this problem.
    Here is what I recommend:
    1) Deploy the troll motor and let it do its thing. Leave the motor in what ever position it ends up.
    2) After the motor is deployed Take power completely of the troll motor by turning off the main power from the troll batteries.
    3) After all power is off take the motor, rotate the motor by hand, to untangle the cord and align it to the normal store position.
    4) Apply power to the motor and then push the power button to turn power on.
    5) Rotate the motor to some other position than the stored position. Use foot pedal or remote.
    6) Store the motor. Once the motor is stored then wait a minute or 2 and then deploy the motor.
    See if this fixes the problem.
    Report on findings.

4. Member
    I think you are going to be on to something. Will get on the water friday. Will report back